Sant' Eustachio

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Sant' Eustachio

Postby MKSwing » Mon May 03, 2004 9:01 pm

If you ever have the chance to go to Rome, just stop by http://www.santeustachioilcaffe.it/. They do a great caffè and make some good liqueurs and other coffee based products. Just be careful when you order the coffee as they choose for you the level of sugar.
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby alans » Wed May 05, 2004 1:07 pm

They choose the sugar???? Now that's very strange, how much do they actually put in?
alans

Postby Danny » Wed May 05, 2004 3:01 pm

That sounds like the greek, turkish way of doing it :) Strange to hear about in Rome.
Danny

Postby Muko » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:52 am

They make the best caffè I ever tasted!
Always crowed an the espressi have a particulary crema!They make a secret about that crema including the machines in action which they hide like their own babys!As said before they put sugar on their own,but normaly they ask before!
Taste their exellent coffee beans with choclate(chicche di caffè)!
Price for an espresso : 90 cents
Tip:After midnight you sometimes can behold VIP's like Totti or Berlusconi:-)
Near the Sant Eustacchio in front of the Phanteon is located another great place to drink a caffè, "la casa del Caffè Tazza d'Oro" http://www.tazzadorocoffeeshop.com/home.php wich is not the same like tazza d'oro!
I put the espresso quality on the same level as the Eustachio (without comparing the crema)!
The plus here is that they sell a great range of different blends of beans and much of them you can also taste(pex. blue mountain)!
Also crowded.
They use 3 Wegas with 3 groups behind a ten meter bar!
Price for an espresso: 60 cents
One tip for them who didn't knew how it works in italia , first you pay then you order with the receipt an finally you enjoy:-))

greez
Muko

Postby Joey » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:49 pm

Hey, I just got that coffee!!!!
Ok, why?

3 weeks ago I have had a very heartbroken Italian women in my shop. She was so sad because she came to visit a friend in Vienna and he didn't care about her. But she really was very pretty and sweet, so I couldn't really understand that jerk. Whatever, I gave her some hints about what to do in Vienna and hook her up with a very nice friend of mine who made a tour with her in Vienna.
We really had a connection, so if she would be in Vienna we could probably be very good friends and have a lot of fun.
So anyway, as a thank you, she tried to find out what the best coffee in Rome (where she is from) is, and found the St Eustachio. So she sent me a pound!

What a surprise!!!!
And I have to say that coffee is really, really very good. A bit on the acid side as an espresso... should be made with a rather hot machine... but deffinitely very good as a cappuccino.

And now, 3 weeks later I read the post about St Eustachio... isn't it a small world????

He, he

Joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Muko » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:26 am

JaJa Joey that's right t's a really small world
I'm already happy to revisit rome in a few weeks:-)By the way,it's the third time now in one year!Rome is so beautiful:-)
Friend's of mine who tested the coffee in her machine at home were a little bit disappointed,because they knew how it could taste in rome!If you'll go once to rome (now you know one who can you give a tour)try it straight from the horse's mouth:-)
By the way,the tazza d'oro which you can order too on internet is more easier to make and better at home(equal like this in the bar at rome) and much cheaper ,Regina dei Caffè which cost 19,6euro for one kilo in comparison with 31 euro for the eustacchio one!

marco
Muko

Return to Places to drink coffee