It's all the fault of TMC

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

It's all the fault of TMC

Postby Bassclef » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:54 am

I must let you in on a little secret. All the while I have been here on TMC, and a considerable time before that, I have been drinking from the Mermaid's breast. (that's figurative for the pervs around here...) It's not because I seek them out, it's because the company I work for did a deal with her to install "We Proudly Brew Starbucks" franchises in ALL our buildings in London. They all use the new-style super-automatic machines (I think they are Black&White?) They are subsidised, they are just 2 flights of stairs or even a lift away... and it's better than the filter machines the canteen provides. The other alternaitve is the god-awful bean to cup machines on every floor...

Now for a few weeks or so I have been trying other places - working on my skills as I slwoly removed most or all milk from my beverage of choice. Pursuant to their 'Just Roasted' I have been getting one at Pret... .I have been going to Costa, tried a multitude of independents...

Now something dreadful has happened, and it's all the fault of TMC. I haven't had one of my 'upstairs coffees' for a couple weeks. This morning I was in dire need of a macchiato. I bought it, brought it to my desk... and sipped.

Oh dear.

Now I know why I was always told about the 'burnt' taste by others. The harsh taste of burnt beans, rather than roasted, is the strongest flavour present in the cup. And because of all you, I know this, and I also know that it's been that way from the beginning.

The espresso or macchiato I have had from Costa (best yet) and Pret (variable but good) is so much more complex and savoury. Maybe more variable, I will give the franchise that, it's stable! But sadly, all you TMCers have taken convenience away from me.

Shame on you all!

:lol:

Marc
Bassclef

Postby Steve » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am

I FEEL NO SHAME !!!! :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:53 am

Ah hah, someone else who has taken the red pill... Welcome comrade :wink:

Steve wrote:I FEEL NO SHAME !!!! :)

Believe me, he really doesn't, he even wears those shirts with pride :lol:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby scook94 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:03 am

Heard on the radio today that *$ are to triple the amount of shops they have worldwide... :cry:
Izzo Vivi | Mazzer SJ Doserless | Gene Cafe
scook94

Postby lukas » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:48 pm

I would say: Well done then, TMC. That's the downside of being a coffee lover!

But I must admit that I've been to starbucks a few times in the last weeks, and even had a nice chat with one of their "baristas" who looked pretty puzzled when I mentioned homeroasting. Their "Single Origin" coffee (this week it was "sulawesi") was ... well ... quite okay, because he brewed a fresh cup for me. But the roast was so damn dark, I would say it was even too dark for espresso, let alone filter coffee ... but it was okayish, and certainly better than some other chains around here ...
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby Steve » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:15 pm

gouezeri wrote:
Steve wrote:I FEEL NO SHAME !!!! :)

Believe me, he really doesn't, he even wears those shirts with pride :lol:

I'm having a no football shirt weekend, just to show the depth of my wardrobe. :)
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Places to drink coffee