Coffee in Berkshire and Oxfordshire, UK

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby technojock » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:54 am

GeorgeW wrote:
oddlight wrote:Santa Fe Coffee Company in Bracknell Ottakers (nee Hamicks). Because they have a sign up that says remmember: 20 - 24 second pour ...

Very busy though. IMHO, best time is before the shops are open, which for us is around Sunday morning 10.30..

~A

Be assured that these people will dodge the Great Big Burning Fire and go straight to that nice place.

About 12-18 months ago I popped in and they served up a fabulous Americano, there was a great nutty taste in the cup. I popped along when ever I could. For a while I even wished I worked in Bracknell and could sample it every day. About a year ago I dropped in for a cuppa but it was all new faces behind the counter, and the coffee wasn't at the same standard. I've occasionally wondered where the old staff went, and I haven't been in recently so I can't give an up to date status report.
technojock

Postby stronk » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:50 pm

I think the D in G&Ds is for Danver, btw. Probably thread necrophilia here, but I couldn't let it pass (what with being an Oxford student).
stronk

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:22 pm

They let you students have decent coffee? :shock: . I thought you lot were made to sit in the Angel & Child drinking beer all evening? :wink: :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby phil2spill » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:18 pm

stronk wrote:I think the D in G&Ds is for Danver, btw. Probably thread necrophilia here, but I couldn't let it pass (what with being an Oxford student).

I'm afraid i must out-pedant you there stronk :P George & davis is the original caff in little clarendon street (where i lived for a while :) ) and G& danver followed some years later.

cheers

[edit -- do you mean the Eagle & Child Cakey? (runs away) :D ]
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby Beanie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm

phil2spill wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:They let you students have decent coffee? :shock: . I thought you lot were made to sit in the Angel & Child drinking beer all evening? :wink: :D

:lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:48 am

phil2spill wrote:
stronk wrote:I think the D in G&Ds is for Danver, btw. Probably thread necrophilia here, but I couldn't let it pass (what with being an Oxford student).

I'm afraid i must out-pedant you there stronk :P George & davis is the original caff in little clarendon street (where i lived for a while :) ) and G& danver followed some years later.

cheers

Yup, I stand corrected Phil, it is indeed. I was in the company of an eagle and an angel that day and I got mixed up which one was part of the pub name :D . You lived in Little Clarendon Street? :shock: , posh boy :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby phil2spill » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:38 pm

^ :lol:
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee