Highly Recommended Coffee Bar

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Highly Recommended Coffee Bar

Postby carolynb » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:36 pm

The most superb coffee I have ever had was at a small joint in Oslo called Stockfleth's. It is up a small side street off the main street called Lille Grensen. We were out in Oslo last June for the SCAE event :D and took a course on espresso with Eirik Johnsen (Danish Barista Champion, World No 3) and he works at Stockfleth's. We popped in their several times and Eirik made us some superb cappuccino. Can't recommend it highly enough, try it if you get to Oslo!
Isomac Millennium & Isomac Gran Macinino
carolynb

Two more places to get great espresso in Oslo

Postby Olings » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:55 am

I agree that Stockfleths in Lille Grensen is a great place to get your daily dose of great espresso. (I find it strange that Eirik should be Danish Barista Champion whilst being a Norwegian living in Norway, though. But that might just be me and to little info.) My favorite espresso bar is Java on St.Hanshaugen (Ullevålsveien 45 B). It's a 10 minute walk from the very center of Oslo (and Stockfleths in Lille Grensen), but well worth the extra excercise! They have consistantly the best espresso in Oslo (rivaled only by Stockfleths) and they use only their own self-roasted excellent beans! They roast their beans the other of their two espressobars called Mocca which lies a short walk from the royal palace in Oslo (I forget the excact address).
Olings

Return to Places to drink coffee