Copenhagen

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Copenhagen

Postby Teme » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:10 pm

Where does one get the best espressos and cappas in Copenhagen?

The best ones I have had so far have been at Risteriet. I've also tried Arena and Amokka.

Cafe Europa seems iteresting but I guess I have been around at the wrong time since it has always been too packed with people to find a seat...

Br,
Teme
Teme

Postby Olings » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:43 pm

Hey, Teme

I've never had a coffee in Copenhagen, but people I know who have recommend Ricco's (Istedgade). Check it out on http://www.riccos.dk/index.jsp

I can't guarantee for it's quality, but as I said it's supposed to be good.

I hope this helps!

Ola
Olings

Postby E61 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:38 pm

Hi Teme

Great question!

For the most consistently good espressos go to Risteriet (in Studiestræde) or Riccos (Sankt Peders Stræde). They both roast and take great pride in the coffee. Riccos is a very cool place and Ricco him self is a great guy. We get his beans for office use. I think Time called this the best coffe bar in Europa at one time :-)

Other places that quite often serves a good cup is Estate (at Gammel Kongevej, near Planetariet) owned by the chef Claus Meyer. Nice atmosphere. The Baresso chain can also be very good if you get a good barista.

Furthermore there is of course Café Europa (at Højbro Plads) were baristas like Fritz Storm and Troels Poulsen (the new national champion) is employed, but don't expect to see them in action everyday.

Poul
Faema E61 - 2 group, year 1967, 84 mm. brewhead
Faema E61 Ariete
Isomac Tea
Rossi RR45
La San Marco SM90
HotTop
Heartware Precision
E61

Return to Places to drink coffee