Dublin

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Dublin

Postby andrew_duffy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:48 pm

... is not good. However,

Bar Italia/La Corte - several outlets around the city; you'll get accomplished latte art on top of average coffee.

Caffe Cagliostro & Enoteca Della Langhe, Quartier Bloom - A coffee shop and, opposite, a wine bar owned by the same people. Odd place, great selection of wine for drinking on or off premises. Coffee can be good, but it depends on who makes it and what mood they're in. I've seen the staff have blazing rows in Italian whilst serving customers.

Pasta Fresca, Chatham St. - decidely average restaurant, but two of the best espressos I've had in Dublin were from here. However, the second time I went it was pretty bad - they don't seem to have a dedicated barista.

Ariosa, Meetinghouse Square every Saturday - stall selling decent beans and well-made espresso & milkies. Equipment is very old and quality control outdoors in a damp climate must be a nightmare, but it's still about the best in the city. You can also get nice mexican food from the next stall.
andrew_duffy

Postby wang » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:36 pm

There's the Bagel and Juice place around the corner from Trinity College Dublin. It's up nassau street and on your left hand side as you walk alongside the walls of the college. I get cappas there occasionally. The staff are ex-bewleys I think, and can do good microfoam and sometimes latte art. Don't be put off by the fact that the staff are eastern european - they know how to froth! And off lunch hours they're 1.50 a milk drink!
solis maestro, bodum columbia, starbucks extreme mug
rancilio rocky and nancy
swissmar alpenrost
black & decker heatgun
lidl brand air popper
wang

Return to Places to drink coffee