Buying mycotoxin free coffee in Australia

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Buying mycotoxin free coffee in Australia

Postby coffeeidherer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:32 am

Hey guys,

I’m just hoping to ask where can I buy some mycotoxin free coffee grounds in Australia?

I’m hoping to make some bulletproof coffee in the morning as a breakfast replacement and also to provide the extra kick for work, it’s the whole reason I bought a coffee machine haha.

However I’m just wondering, what are some of the coffee brands that are mycotoxin free and available in Australia? I don’t wish to buy the official bulletproof products as it’s just too expensive, so I’m hoping to find some alternatives.

Also I don’t have a bean grinder so coffee ground is preferred. Thank you so much for all your help!

Best Regards,
Thomas
coffeeidherer

Re: Buying mycotoxin free coffee in Australia

Postby Steve » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi Thomas

Before diving in mycotoxins are in all coffee (even bulletproof). their methodology (or mythology) is if its washed and grown high up then it doesn't contain mycotoxins. Its true that they are a tiny bit lower, but the amount in coffee is tiny tiny anyway. All coffees are tested before getting a export certificate, but like most food grown in the ground, there will always be a small amount.

If you are concerned then high altitude (above 1800 mtrs) washed as apposed to natural or Pulped natural / honey and well sourced (farm info etc is normally a good indicator that you will consume the least possible.

Hope this helps
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping