Calling homeroasters. Green beans and sources.

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Calling homeroasters. Green beans and sources.

Postby Ian » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:54 am

I'm intending to order some greens this week and fancy trying something a bit different. What are you roasting at the moment that you would recommend?

Cheers

Ian
Ian

RE: Calling homeroasters.

Postby bruceb » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:40 am

Hi Ian. My favourite to use as a single origin, both for espresso and for press pot, is Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. For espresso blends I almost always begin with 50-70% Brazilian and the rest a mix of Central American and Indonesian. I just finished some Bolivia Finca Bolinda that had been sent to me by a friend in the UK (possibly from Steve at HasBean) and it was super. Good luck and let us know how you do if you have a chance.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Calling homeroasters.

Postby HughF » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:11 pm

I am using HasBean Jailbreak blend for espresso but a wide variety from SweetMarias.com for Chemex filter with Kenyans always a favourite.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks Bruce and Hugh - must admit that I haven't tried a Yirgacheffe for some years, I'm going to order some.
Ian

Postby GreenBean » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:29 am

Hi Ian, it is good to see you around. I am sure you will enjoy the Yirgacheffe :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi, I ordered a couple of different Yirgs this morning :)
Ian

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:51 am

Great to see you Ian, was only just thinking of you the other day having happened across one of your articles whilst Googling :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Ian » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi Cakey. How's it going?

I am around most days but only tend to post when I've (hopefully) got something worth saying.

Do you have anything to add to the 'Green Coffee List'?

Cheers

Ian

www.bellabarista.co.uk/coffee-beans/gre ... beans.html Bella BaristaBella Barista - Wellingborough, Northants.

www.coffeebeanshop.co.uk/green-coffee-shop-c-184.html Coffee Bean ShopCoffee Bean Shop - Ashford, Kent.

www.coffeecompass.co.uk/shop/green-bean-zone.html Coffee Compass - Littlehampton, West Sussex.

www.coffee.uk.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_13 Coffee Plant - Portobello Road, London.

www.hasbean.co.uk Hasbean - Seighford,Stafford.

www.pennineteaandcoffee.co.uk/Green+Cof ... FZUmldAqfE Pennine Tea & Coffee - Halifax.

http://ravecoffee.co.uk/collections/green-coffee-beans Rave - Cirencester.

www.redber.co.uk/collections/green-coffee-beans Redber - Guildford.

www.realcoffee.co.uk/shop/green-beans/o ... reen-beans Roast & Post - Bristol.

www.winchestercoffeeroasters.co.uk/green.html Winchester Roasters - Winchester.

www.yorkcoffeeemporium.co.uk/green-coffee.html York Coffee Emporium - York.
Last edited by Ian on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:28 am

None come instantly to mind, at least not UK based. That's a good list though and certainly focuses on the choice of excellent greens around these days. We have unfortunately not roasted for some time now. Sticking this as a handy resource list, please forgive the heading addition.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Ian » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 am

For ease of use I've edited in the hyperlinks.

If anyone has anything to add, drop me a line and I'll update the list.

Cheers

Ian
Ian

Postby GreenBean » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks for the list, Ian :D One of the suppliers was new to me and I have just ordered some green beans from them to give them a try.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Re: Calling homeroasters. Green beans and sources.

Postby Coffee Mate » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 am

Hi there all coffee lovers,

It seems that there is a rather big interest in green coffee beans.
It is well known that raw, unroasted coffee beans are appreciated for plenty of health benefits and thought to help with weight-loss.

If you do wish to prepare your own cup of green coffee, “Brazil Sul de Minas” unroasted coffee beans would be a perfect solution for that.
In a nutshell, these green beans are the perfect choice for those, who seek for maximum health benefits and true, natural taste!

These beans could be found in an e - shop from Mod's Edit: Self advertising removed. Please read the forum guidelines and respect them. Thank you.
Coffee Mate

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping