Steve's latest Bolivians

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Steve's latest Bolivians

Postby sicinius » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:48 pm

In a way, not having a steady supply of Machacamarca has been a good thing as I've experimented with all sorts of alternatives and it's enabled me to appreciate what I really like in a coffee.

Unfortunately, it turns out that what I like most is Machacamarca. I still have a kilo or so and roasted half a pound after thinking that I might even prefer El Salvador Finca Argentina Pulped Natural 2012.

Nope. BM still rules. Similar but BM much more subtle with its restrained half caramel, half wheaty sweetness and long, long finish. More rewarding.

What are the new Bolivians like and is there anything recent and hopeful on the BM front?
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Postby GreenBean » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:24 pm

I wish I could tell you that I have found something as good. There are lots of good coffees around but I always compare them unfavourably to Machacamarca. :cry: I have too much green coffee already so I have not tried the new Bolivians yet.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby sicinius » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:24 am

We seem to be in the same place. :?
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping