What a load of beans

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

What a load of beans

Postby bruceb » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:12 am

Good morning,
Having some distracting health issues I did not feel up to doing any roasting for some time and finally was running out of my favourite blend of Brazil/Papua/Honduras, so for the first time in 12 years I bought a pound of roasted beans. They were the best I could find at the moment, from Italy with a relatively fresh roasting date and they looked quite nice.
After 4 days of drinking insipid, somewhat burnt, somewhat stale tasting coffee I just headed downstairs to turn on the roaster. I'm still not feeling all that well, but I'm not sick enough to drink bad coffee.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 am

Hi Bruce, I am sorry to hear that you have not been feeling too well recently. I hope that your desire for good coffee and your resumption of roasting, this morning, indicates an improvement in your health. Enjoy your coffee :D after the disappointing coffee you have been drinking recently it should taste even better than usual.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping