Tortured by flavoured coffee!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Tortured by flavoured coffee!

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:27 pm

It's safe to post about this here as no-one involved will ever see it.

Does anyone else find because their non-coffee friends know they are into coffee that, with the best intentions in the world and with amazing kindness, they are constantly given gifts of flavoured coffee?

I am so touched by the kindness, but I just hate the stuff so much. I want to like it but how can you? I just don't like wasting it. There are boxes of assorted flavoured stuff sat around here.

Now, I sound horribe and ungrateful, but someone just gave me banoffee and raspberry coffee :shock:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

RE: Tortured by flavoured coffee!

Postby quink » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 am

you get very much the same thing if you have a VW beetle as well. For some reason people believe because you have the car, you want it plastered across everything you own in a variety of psychedelic colours. After a while you just wait till no one is looking and just throw the lot in to a black sack and run it to the tip.
I can handle a tie with small pictures of beetles, but I was one given a cartoonish sculpture about 8" long 4-5" high with what looked to me like 1970's styled drunkards hanging out of the windows and attempting to Drive it. Quite probably one of the ugliest things I've ever seen,but you cant stand there and shout "why do you think I would want this?" I think I said something like "i've never seen anything quite like it in my life" and threw it out as soon as I could.

I get the same with coffee but to a lesser extent than the beetle.
Chalk me up as horrible and ungrateful as well.
Modified Rancilio Silvia, Gaggia 2600 grinder, La Pavoni Pub 1EV
quink

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:21 am

Often people say they are afraid to buy us coffee because we are so into it, then they produce the flavoured stuff. Would you like a cup of banoffee coffee in a rather spendid furry VW Beetle mug that we have had knitted in luminous wool just for you? ;) :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby quink » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am

As temping as it sounds i'll pass.
As for the knitted mug, well, I've never seen anything quite like it in my life. :wink:
Modified Rancilio Silvia, Gaggia 2600 grinder, La Pavoni Pub 1EV
quink

Re: RE: Tortured by flavoured coffee!

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:38 pm

quink wrote:As for the knitted mug, well, I've never seen anything quite like it in my life. :wink:

Ah, we knew you would just love it! ;) :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Re: RE: Tortured by flavoured coffee!

Postby GreenBean » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:54 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Often people say they are afraid to buy us coffee because we are so into it, then they produce the flavoured stuff. Would you like a cup of banoffee coffee in a rather spendid furry VW Beetle mug that we have had knitted in luminous wool just for you? ;) :)

I knew you were an evil genius, Cakey. Only a true evil genius could combine all the disappointing presents into something so desirable. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Tortured by flavoured coffee!

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:18 pm

In which case, just nipping over to cafepress, though luminous sheep are in short supply so quantity could be limited ;)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

RE: Re: RE: Tortured by flavoured coffee!

Postby walts » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Presents of coffee? Never known anyone make me a present of coffee, flavoured or unflavoured. But I once popped into an espresso bar for a shot and was very intrigued by a taste that for the life of me I could not place. On leaving, I plucked up courage to ask what it was they was pulling and was told it was Fig flavoured. Yuk! Presents of coffee? As I said, Never been so blessed, but if that's what you expect when you get it, then maybe they are doing me a favour.
Bialetti Brikka 2 cup Mokka Pot.
Rival.PP25. Popcorn roaster.
Krups. GVX2 Coffee Grinder.
walts

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping