Dark Fluid

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Dark Fluid

Postby Bombcup » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 pm

There's a new roaster in town...

Dark Fluid has been set up by this parish's very own Isjms and UKBC podium squatter Neil LeBihan.

Best of luck guys.
Bombcup

RE: Dark Fluid

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 am

And I already have a bag! I've just not had the chance to try it yet :cry: Looking forward to it though.

Second place, best capp, and joint best sig means they must be doing something right!

I know that Lawrence has been writing some stuff about how they started,
which once things calm down a bit, hopefully they will share with us.
All the best guys!
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Glenn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:54 am

I never put 2+2 together and linked Lawrence with Isjms

I met him at the finals. Really nice chap and their beans are really nice. Neil's sig drink was amazing. I could have enjoyed that all day

Looking forward to watching them evolve
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby dr.chris » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 am

You dont know how depressed it makes me and the missus feel about leaving Lewisham 6 years ago when we read about Exchange..
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Re: RE: Dark Fluid

Postby geedee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Glenn wrote:I never put 2+2 together and linked Lawrence with Isjms

I met him at the finals. Really nice chap

And he likes my Dogs so he has to be a good guy :wink: Best of luck to both of them
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby lsjms » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 pm

A massive thanks is due to all those at TMC who have contributed to my coffee learning curve, without this forum I would still be living in a coffee desert.

Also huge thanks to Monmouth for letting us pick from their green stash and generally keeping us going.

Apologies for not finishing my thread about the roaster hunt, I shall do that shortly. I had some weird paranoia that if the word got out too far who the coffee came from and what it was roasted on we would be scuppered :lol:
Frankly it's been mental, I have had zero confidence in this competition, mainly from having no industry experience and no baseline. This all started from an in the pub decision to just buy a roaster, Chris from this forum has an equal share in the roaster too. Somewhere along the way me and Neil just decided to enter the comp with our coffee and that led us here.

Just getting into the semis had me chuffed to bits.

Dr Chris- It's gonna get real bad for you, we are planning to do free delivery by bicycle in a few postcodes!
lsjms

Postby GreenBean » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:56 am

Congratulations guys. What you have achieved in such a short time is very impressive.:shock: 8) Good luck with the new venture.

lsjms wrote:....... Apologies for not finishing my thread about the roaster hunt, I shall do that shortly. I had some weird paranoia that if the word got out too far who the coffee came from and what it was roasted on we would be scuppered :lol:.....

I look forward to reading the story now that it is safe to publish it. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:35 pm

having sampled a few cups of dark fluids output leading up to the competition (before it was known as dark fluid) I cant wait to get myself a bag. I had some great shots at Neil's stall.
Also check out the dark science section of the website to find the origin of the name, now I am no scientist but I am pretty sure that it means the universe is mostly held to together with coffee.
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby bruceb » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 pm

EspressoSquirrel wrote:having sampled a few cups of dark fluids output leading up to the competition (before it was known as dark fluid) I cant wait to get myself a bag. I had some great shots at Neil's stall.
Also check out the dark science section of the website to find the origin of the name, now I am no scientist but I am pretty sure that it means the universe is mostly held to together with coffee.

The sad new is that most of the earth's portion of the universe is held together with instant. :shock:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby bruceb » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Congratulations to Lawrence and the rest. It looks like a trip to Grossbritannien is becoming unavoidable. :wink:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Having stolen some of the content of Dom's bag, I can only say, awesome - get some :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby dr.chris » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Fancy riding a bike over to Swansea? maybe not...

Back to the frozen Monmouth espresso then
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby Gouezeri » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:39 am

Ah, sorry Chris, too late, I was on the bike on Saturday, but headed from Oxford to Cambridge to Norwich, before going from Norwich to Portsmouth. Providing people with coffee along the way! Maybe next time :wink:
D
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 pm

He's just like a milkman, but his stash is coffee and his transport is somewhat faster than a milk float :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:04 am

Call me Ernie?
Gouezeri

Next

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping