Hasbean Jabberwocky

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Hasbean Jabberwocky

Postby sicinius » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Finally Steve comes up with a sensible name. Kicker would be a good name for a nitrogenous fertiliser, Blake reminds me of Gordon Blake, the 60's Russian spy and his memorable Jailbreak, hmmmmm. :lol: :lol:

I like all of them, though the warning about Sherbet Lemons didn't really prepare me for the very strong taste of sherbet lemons in Kicker. I expected a hint or two, not the real thing. Other people's reactions have been fun to watch.

However, I'm very fond of Jabberwocky, already. Fragrant and acidic and sweet while retaining a few dark notes. My favourite of the new blends.

Stick with the Lewis Carroll theme, Stephen. Let's have a Bandersnatch blend . . . And I can already imagine what Cheshire Cat would taste like.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

RE: Hasbean Jabberwocky

Postby Steve » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:44 am

hmmm bandersnatch :)
Steve
Founder Member

RE: Hasbean Jabberwocky

Postby sicinius » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:11 am

Knew you'd like it . . .
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Re: Hasbean Jabberwocky

Postby technojock » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:32 pm

sicinius wrote:However, I'm very fond of Jabberwocky, already. Fragrant and acidic and sweet while retaining a few dark notes. My favourite of the new blends.

What's it like in the french press?
: Heatgun / Dualit / French Press / Aeropress :
technojock

Re: Hasbean Jabberwocky

Postby bruceb » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 pm

technojock wrote:
sicinius wrote:However, I'm very fond of Jabberwocky, already. Fragrant and acidic and sweet while retaining a few dark notes. My favourite of the new blends.

What's it like in the french press?

I doubt whether many of the French news correspondents have even gotten a whiff of it. :roll:

I'll get my coat now. :oops:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: Hasbean Jabberwocky

Postby sicinius » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 am

Haven't tried it in a press pot, 250g bags don't last very long here and it ran out wile we were still thinking about it as and espresso. We only do presspots for large numbers of guests and with the builders in, that's not going to happen for a bit.
sicinius

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping