Vote for new category!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Do we need a new sub-category for 'Blending'?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:39 pm

Yes, I want 'Blending' added!
80%
No, I want blending posts in 'Beans and cupping'!
20%

Total votes : 5

Vote for new category!

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:39 pm

I suggest we create a new category in 'Coffee Beans & Roasting' called:

Blending

Or do we want to put our blending results in 'Beans and Cupping'?

Your votes please!
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby michel » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:11 pm

I have the feeling I have no right for voting for such an issue already... (I'm just new...) So I won't vote, but as my fingers are itchy I will give my view:
In my humble opinion it's a good idea. Especially, when thinking of the future of this site - when loads of nice/gentil and kind european coffee-lovers visit and contribute here - and a sub-category for blending would be easy to follow for those only interested in blending.
For the overall clearness of the site it is best to have loads of subcategories anyway... (for example: sub-category: filter-drip, pourover, espresso, vac-pot and so on). When you search for information, you can find everything you need very easy...
On the other hand it would not be practical while posting... as postings tend to go from left to right and up and down over the whole spectrum of coffee...
(So, concluding: maybe it's best to leave things as they are right now... and hope that our gifted webmaster (I've never made you a compliment Phil but maybe now is the opportunity: I love how this site is constructed..!) is able to shift the posts, and make new categories later...)

Michel
michel

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:56 pm

Michel, please vote! You are a member now, so you have equal voting rights, and a say in the future of the site. All members shape and build up this forum, not just Neku, Phil and I.
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:04 pm

Just had an additional thought. We have to distinguish ourself more from a.c and CG in the future. Of course we are European, which is 'unique', but that may proove less of an unique selling point, once we want to expand (if we want to expand that is). In order to be different we could focus more on roasting, beans and blending. Phil's roasting and tasting forms are an excellent example of what can make us really different and outstanding!

Thoughts???

PS Who voted 'No' without posting a comment? :)
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:09 pm

Sunnyfield wrote:PS Who voted 'No' without posting a comment? :)

Me. Sometimes single varietal use and blending fall naturally into the same post.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby michel » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:54 pm

Just voted! 8)
michel

Postby Raf » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:05 am

Blending seems like a good idea to me. More work for poor Phil, though.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:44 am

It's just yet another forum to check! :) I have a hard enough time keeping up as it is!
DrZeus

Postby Sunnyfield » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:05 pm

That's a very good sign DrZeus! :)
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby phil » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:04 pm

If we have enough traffic on the subject then the forum justifies itself - as long as it's clear which forum a post is for.

Thanks for the compliments Michel, but really this site is just thrown together using a load of Open Source software. I hope to tidy up the concept and the "look and feel" over time.
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:35 pm

So what's the bottom line guys - are we having a new forum for "Blending" or not?

Personally I tend to agree with Hugh, but so what? If you guys say otherwise, I'll happily do us a new forum. It's not much of a deal.
phil
Founder Member

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping