What do you consider the word 'FRESH' to mean?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:40 am

:lol: Good on ya Rob ;)
espressomattic

Postby daveyb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:00 am

Ha! The only reason I have not named the firm is that Trading Standards ares till talking to them, or so I believe.
I have bought plenty of coffee from Steve but admit to not having tried Square Mile yet (but promise to next time!). Ofdcourse, both of these reputable traders might not want the trade of a troublemaker like me.LOL
OK, here goes
www.morethancoffee.co.uk

Have a look for yourself but order at your own peril!
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

Postby darrensandford » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Hehehe, I saw that they sell the concave tamper, complete with crystal! Haven't seen this for a while, but it's just as silly now as it was when I first found it.

The Original Gourmet Espresso Tamper
Individually crafted in an anodized alloy, this award-winning (Design Award from Cafe Society Magazine) tamper has a unique dual 50/55mm concave face which prevents coffee grounds from riding up the filter basket and is accented with a genuine Swarovski Austrian crystal. The design creates a perfect crown that reduces bitter oils and improves the coffee's flavour extraction to result in perfect coffee with a superb crema.

• Anodized space-age alloy
• Heat resistant and dishwasher safe
• Fits all name brand expresso baskets
• Dual 50mm/55mm concave surfaces
• Reduces extraction of bitter oils
• Individually crafted
darrensandford

Postby technojock » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm

daveyb wrote:OK, here goes
www.morethancoffee.co.uk

Ah, Mochaccinos in Fleet. I popped in there a while back, asked what was most recently roasted and when. Brazilian Santos, if I remember correctly, a couple of days old. It was indeed fresh and very floral which was quite an unexpected and pleasant coffee experience. I kicked myself for not having gone in before.

I popped in a couple of weeks later - they'd just moved premises - and asked what was most recently roasted. I got a different list of coffees, but the Brazilian was amongst them, so I bought another bag as I'd enjoyed the previous one.

Huge disappointment when I got home, I suspect it was more of the batch that the original bag came from. See - attention to detail - I forgot to ask the "when" question. I put it down to dropping the ball whilst changing premises. I told myself that maybe they'd just done big batches to tide themselves over. Next time I'd be sure to ask the right questions. There hasn't been a next time, though, I've never gotten around to going back. Which speaks volumes about what a single bad experience can do to your relationship with customers.

Not sure that I'll ever go back after daveyb's experiences.
: Heatgun / Dualit / French Press / Aeropress :
technojock

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:41 pm

espressomattic wrote::lol: Good on ya Rob ;)

Good to see you about too Rob :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping