Colonia San Juan

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Colonia San Juan

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sat May 09, 2009 2:01 pm

i was going to get some machacamarca for this weekend after reading the comments on the forum, but i was very busy at work and completely lost track of time. I realized yesterday that if i wanted to drink coffee this weekend i would have to make a blend of all the leftovers. And my housemate has threatened, if i ever run out of fresh coffee completely he has a 1kg bag of lavazza in the cupboard thats about 9 months old!!! :shock:

lucky for me, i have a backup plan, flat white always has some bags of square mile coffee and i picked up a bag of Colonia San Juan, after a recommendation.

The beans smell amazingly like vanilla ice cream, i read the description on the pack after and i could pick out all those flavors of chocolate and caramel just from the smell.

I've only made a couple of shots from it so far but its really smooth and sweet. It really makes a great espresso for a single origin.

I really agree with James's description, on his site, its not challenging or interesting flavour experience, its just really tasty! like ice cream!
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

RE: Colonia San Juan

Postby Gary » Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Agreed!
Gary

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping