Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Barismo - Linnaean St Espresso

Postby espressomattic » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:55 am

OMFGosh!!!!

I was kindly gievn half a bag by Rocket today of this blend:

65% Brazil Moreninha Formosa
25% Costa Rican Las Lajas
10% Kenyan Ichimara

Maple, Caramel and Cocoa Honey, thick, gloopy messy coffee. Sweet sweet sweet. I don't usually swear, but Fucking Hell...this was just bloody awesome.

Shots were brewed at the cooler end at about 198 Deg F. The result was just amazing. The guys over in MA really are lucky with these guys. If you can, order some just to try this. I want to have more, but sadly I am coffee'ed out after a visit to Rocket (Bordering on our ledgendary Session Mark!).
espressomattic

RE: Barismo - Linnaean St Espresso

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Good grief .... did you drive right round the island before you realised you had even left? ;) :P. Sounds like you had a ball mate.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby al_bongo » Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 pm

Brought back a bag of the Kenya Kiandu from Barismo after a recent trip to NYC/Boston.

Outsanding cup in the siphon. Never quite got Kenyan coffees before, but they and this one especially really seem to shine in the siphon.
al_bongo

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping