Rwanda Murambi Bourbon

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Rwanda Murambi Bourbon

Postby Bren_D » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:40 am

aka the deservedly hyped coffee that caused Steve a few headaches. A coffee worthy of its own thread, no? I thought someone might have got in first, leaving me the opportunity to say how much I love the coffee without feeling the need to post a little more, but that doesn't look to be the case

Steve's quick look guide does a much better job of describing the coffee than I could...

sweetness, no chocolate here, but sweet treacle toffee with a smoky mid palate, a lovely sticky mouthfeel,smooth aftertaste.

Normally when I drink coffee, I taste... coffee. Some of the descriptions I've read over the last few years have left me baffled, but this one made perfect sense. I got the toffee and the smokiness, the mouthfeel, the aftertaste...

I can only say the same of one other coffee, the Crop of Gold Amizero, another coffee I love, or should that be loved as it looks as though I have missed the last of it. I seem to be developing an addiction to Rwandan coffees. I guess the Rwanda MIG Buremera Bourbon Cup of Excellence is up next, or maybe the Kopabagaki :)
Gaggia Classic, Iberital MC2, Dualit grinder, a rather sexy Reg Barber and a collection of various press and moka pots. Oh and an Aeropress :)
Bren_D

RE: Rwanda Murambi Bourbon

Postby triptogenetica » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:58 pm

mmm, sounds good...

I'm still enjoying some of Steve's Rwandan Mugombwa, which is also wonderful...I roasted some last night, and today there's a lovely caramel smell in the air around here!

Oddly enough, my Rwandan is also sweet but not chocolatey, too! And smoky - though i was kind of chalking that up to my amateur roasting. Good to know that someone else is finding similar things, with Rwandan beans.

Plus, I've yet to experience this 'potato' thing...
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby Gadders » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:29 am

woo ordered some tonight cant wait to get stuck in :)
Gadders

Postby Joris » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:08 am

Never had a Rwandan coffee, these descriptions make me curious.... maybe I'll have to order some :)
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping