Sainsburys Continental Blend Upgrade

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby triptogenetica » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Ah - with the MC2, you'll probably do best setting the timer to half fill a double basket, and pressing the button twice. If that makes sense!

The timer range is pretty good per single shot, so I wouldn't try to fill a double basket in one go.

(I'm assuming you're using the double? Much better coffee is much more likely that way, if you're not)!
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby col » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:22 pm

triptogenetica wrote:Ah - with the MC2, you'll probably do best setting the timer to half fill a double basket, and pressing the button twice. If that makes sense!

The timer range is pretty good per single shot, so I wouldn't try to fill a double basket in one go.

(I'm assuming you're using the double? Much better coffee is much more likely that way, if you're not)!

Great idea! (damn, why didn't I think of that :wink: ) Thanks TG!
Gaggia Classic Coffee (but already lusting after an Izzo Vivi). Iberital MC2. Coffee Been Knock Box. HD Metal tamper and mat. Motta 0.5 ltr jug. Where's it all going to end?
col

Postby Bren_D » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:33 pm

col wrote:
triptogenetica wrote:Ah - with the MC2, you'll probably do best setting the timer to half fill a double basket, and pressing the button twice. If that makes sense!

Great idea! (damn, why didn't I think of that :wink: ) Thanks TG!

and if the beans are quite oily, don't be surprised if you have to hit the button three or four times to get a reasonable amount of coffee. The MC2 is a lovely little grinder, but mine doesn't like oily beans. A shame as I love Steve's Breakfast Bomb blend, definitely one for you to try, though.
Gaggia Classic, Iberital MC2, Dualit grinder, a rather sexy Reg Barber and a collection of various press and moka pots. Oh and an Aeropress :)
Bren_D

Postby Beanie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:00 pm

When I ordered it eons ago, it was Perfeito... prolly just a typo now ;)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby leecb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:21 pm

You're not casting aspersions on Steves spelling there are you Beanie?? :wink: :lol:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby sicinius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:53 pm

I have been drinking HB Machamarca and assume there is a conspiracy of silence in here as supply is limited. Fantastic. Buy some and keep schtumm.

I'm also a sweet tooth and in pre-Zaffiro days would always have a large spoonful of sugar in an espresso and still need it (and more) for Costa or Primo at motorway service stations.

I mix my own sugar and put vanilla pods in the jar. In home pulled stuff I suspect I'm still putting the now tiny amounts of sugar in for the vanilla rather than the sweetness.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Postby Hiwakey » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Scott at HD made me some of his Brazilian on his setup and it was cracking! Give it a go - nice "brown sugary" aftertaste. I struggled to dial in my setup to match it though!

Incidentally if you're in Somerset put TwoDay roastery on your next shopping trip to Bristol.
At home:- Grimac Mia, Anfim mini, Saeco Royal Cappucino (extracting surprisingly good espressos - for a superauto - from Monsoon Malabar believe it or not!!), Alpenrost, cafetiere
At work/about:- Aeropress, cafetiere
Either:- Vacuvin storage jars keep my coffee in good condition!
Hiwakey

Postby quoad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:49 pm

sicinius wrote:I have been drinking HB Machamarca and assume there is a conspiracy of silence in here as supply is limited. Fantastic. Buy some and keep schtumm.

http://toomuchcoffee.com/index.php?name ... pic&t=7650

:D

I'm approx. 4.5kg through 10kg of Macha / De Lujo... :D
quoad

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping