Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

It's back! (Machacamarca that is)

Postby GreenBean » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:52 pm

I know I have been boring you all by banging on about Machacamarca for some years now, I can not help myself, I just love the stuff.:D

Earlier in this thread (in 2009) we discussed what would happen if Steve ran out of this coffee. We said he would have to go to Bolivia and grow some more, working in the fields himself. Last year it was in such demand that Steve ran out by August which left me without my favourite coffee for some months. Always as good as his word, Steve did go out to Bolivia and did work in the fields himself 8), and the coffee is now available again.

I do not intend to run out again so this year I have taken the precaution to order a whole years supply and to wait until it arrived in my hands before posting this. I have just completed my first roast and can not wait until it is ready to try.

If you have not tried this coffee you are missing out.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: It

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh, didn't you hear that a number of orders were muddled ....... am enjoying your Macha' now, how is my Robusta? ;) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: RE: It

Postby GreenBean » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Oh, didn't you hear that a number of orders were muddled ....... am enjoying your Macha' now, how is my Robusta? ;) :P

Nahhh, you don't fool me that easily. As I said in my post, I have my years supply, I have roasted some and it is definitely Machacamarca. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: It

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Swine ;)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: RE: Re: RE: It

Postby GreenBean » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:27 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Swine ;)

:lol: :lol:

GreenBean

Postby Viernes » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Years? LOL Can I ask how many kilos did you order?
La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II ♦ Mypressi Twist ♦ Eva Solo ♦ Hario TCA-5
Mahlkönig K30 Vario ♦ Mahlkönig Vario
Quest M3 ♦ Gene Café
Viernes

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:35 am

Think shovel required to get in the front door and you'll be about there ;) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 am

oton wrote:Years? LOL Can I ask how many kilos did you order?
CakeBoy wrote:Think shovel required to get in the front door and you'll be about there ;) :P

Well I did order a little too much for Steve's heavy haulage people to manage (see photo) but, luckily, I only had to reduce the order by a few kg and all was well. :D :D

I see from Steve's blog that he sold 5% of his entire stock in less than 24 hours of it being available on his site! So I am happy to say that I was not the only person buying early to avoid disappointment. 8) :P

GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 am

Ordered too much ..... neigh lad :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby orrinoconnor » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm getting a bunker prepared for the arrival,,,,, I do hope I like it,,,, or learn to like it! :roll:
orrinoconnor

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:14 am

You'll love it. It's very special coffee :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby orrinoconnor » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm

CakeBoy wrote:You'll love it. It's very special coffee :D

Well in that case I didn't order enough!
orrinoconnor

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:00 am

There is not enough left anyway after GB has filled his house with the stuff ;)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 am

CakeBoy wrote:There is not enough left anyway after GB has filled his house with the stuff ;)

I understand he has filled up all the spaces between the walls of his house with the stuff as insulation. :shock:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 pm

bruceb wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:There is not enough left anyway after GB has filled his house with the stuff ;)

I understand he has filled up all the spaces between the walls of his house with the stuff as insulation. :shock:

Well, I haven't yet but thanks for the great idea, all that extra space I had not even considered. :roll: :lol:

GreenBean

PreviousNext

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping