Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Postby GreenBean » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:01 pm

I have been drinking Bolivia Machacamarca for the last few days. Do not buy it you will not like it!

OK.. OK... if I am honest I want every last bean for myself! Is this the best coffee I have ever tried? Well I still dream about the Sítio Boa Sorte but that was 18 months ago and it is difficult to compare but I think this is a truly lovely coffee. I won't bore you with a description, Steve's description is spot on as usual. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Postby Steve » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 pm

:) All gone (in my cupboard)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Ohhhh, we have a little green Sitio left, though it really will have to be used soon as it's a bit too old now :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:52 am

Damn! I was just thinking about the Sitio two days ago!!! ...and how it's my favourite multi-roast SO blend *sigh*

It's gotta be more than 18 months ago though! I'd say it's more like 3 years ago. I believe I witnessed the first batch of it being 'commercially' roasted, the first bag sold to Cakey, but heheheh, taken by yours truly... all done right under the nose of a police officer who I'd only just met that same day :P
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby espressomattic » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:10 am

Ah yes...but who was gonna argue with you wearing 'those' boots.

Crikey is it really 3 years ago...bloody hell :?
espressomattic

Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Postby GreenBean » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:55 am

Beanie wrote:It's gotta be more than 18 months ago though! I'd say it's more like 3 years ago. :P

You are correct as usual Beanie. I was referring to when I ran out of greens. It went out of stock January 2007. I know because I was desperately trying to get some more. :cry:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Postby HughF » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:36 pm

GB : yes, that Bolivian is one expensive coffee that's really good value. We try to squeeze a bag into each 8-bag coffee order for work unless there is something else expensive which looks particularly interesting. We're looking forward to its new crop, hope it's soon.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby Gouezeri » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 am

CakeBoy wrote:Ohhhh, we have a little green Sitio left, though it really will have to be used soon as it's a bit too old now :D

Mark, mate, the pair of us really should open up a museum... just don't tell Steve!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Gouezeri wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:Ohhhh, we have a little green Sitio left, though it really will have to be used soon as it's a bit too old now :D

Mark, mate, the pair of us really should open up a museum... just don't tell Steve!

Hehe :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby quoad » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 pm

OFF the back of this thread, I've just ordered 2kg of Steve's Bolivia Machacamarca, and 2kg of his De Lujo blend (Machacamarca and La Illusion... sounds irresistible :D)

(I've also ordered 250g roast each of his Sabroso blend and Machacamarca... and I'm guessing the Square Mile subscription is coming in next week... and I've got the last 350g of Steve's Rwandan Ucar from last year fresh roast (and it's awesome :D)

I think I'm going to be inviting A LOT of people round for coffee over the next fortnight :D
quoad

Postby leecb » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:29 am

See what you've done now GB, if my favourite coffee runs out there will be hell to pay! :evil:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it

Postby quoad » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 am

leecb wrote:See what you've done now GB, if my favourite coffee runs out there will be hell to pay! :evil:

Ooo... now there's an idea for world domination...

Buy ALL the Machacarmaca and hide it in a secret underground bunker... And gain control of all the stocks, like Goldfinger in that film with Goldfinger. Only with Fort Knox and Oddjob and the spiky hat that went 'whoosh'.

And sit there, cackling, and rubbing my thighs, surrounded by great big mountains of Machacarmaca... :twisted:
quoad

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not lik

Postby triptogenetica » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 am

Buy ALL the Machacarmaca and hide it in a secret underground bunker...

Already done. Bunker is in Stafford. :lol:
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not

Postby quoad » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm

triptogenetica wrote:
Buy ALL the Machacarmaca and hide it in a secret underground bunker...

Already done. Bunker is in Stafford. :lol:

*tries to imagine a cackle with a Brummy / Black Country accent...*
quoad

Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it

Postby GreenBean » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:20 pm

leecb wrote:See what you've done now GB, if my favourite coffee runs out there will be hell to pay! :evil:

Sorry Leigh, you are right, I should have kept it to myself.:oops: If we run out we will just have to put Steve on a plane to go and grow some more. :)

GreenBean

Next

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping