Do not buy this coffee, you will not like it!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not

Postby GreenBean » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 pm

quoad wrote:
triptogenetica wrote:
Ooo... now there's an idea for world domination...

Buy ALL the Machacarmaca and hide it in a secret underground bunker... And gain control of all the stocks, like Goldfinger in that film with Goldfinger. Only with Fort Knox and Oddjob and the spiky hat that went 'whoosh'.

And sit there, cackling, and rubbing my thighs, surrounded by great big mountains of Machacarmaca...

Already done. Bunker is in Stafford. :lol:

*tries to imagine a cackle with a Brummy / Black Country accent...*

Ahhhh yes.... I see it now, the footy shirted one is after nothing less than world domination. :shock: :?

Well, as long as we can still get a good cup of coffee I am all for it. He can't do any worse than our elected politicians! :evil: :evil:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:14 pm

We elected them? I thought they were the booby prize in a raffle! :shock: :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:30 pm

GreenBean wrote:Well, as long as we can still get a good cup of coffee I am all for it. He can't do any worse than our elected politicians! :evil: :evil:

That's not domination, that's abomination. :roll:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will not lik

Postby leecb » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Sorry Leigh, you are right, I should have kept it to myself.
If we run out we will just have to put Steve on a plane to go and grow some more.

You really need to think these things through Bean, who'll roast for everyone while he's out there lazing away in Bolivia????
:wink: :lol:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby GreenBean » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:09 am

bruceb wrote:
GreenBean wrote:Well, as long as we can still get a good cup of coffee I am all for it. He can't do any worse than our elected politicians! :evil: :evil:

That's not domination, that's abomination. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby GreenBean » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:13 am

leecb wrote:
Sorry Leigh, you are right, I should have kept it to myself.
If we run out we will just have to put Steve on a plane to go and grow some more.

You really need to think these things through Bean, who'll roast for everyone while he's out there lazing away in Bolivia????
:wink: :lol:

He can work the fields all daylight hours and roast all night. I think he should absorb the extra postage charges from Bolivia as a punishment for running out of our favorite coffee. :wink:

GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you will

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am

Hey where are my plane tickets :) I turn my back for a day and your sending me away (but I kind of like the thinking).
Steve
Founder Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee, you

Postby quoad » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:57 am

Steve wrote:Hey where are my plane tickets :)

Accidentally roasted to late second crack :oops:

The Bolivian Macac.... Machacr... Er... Macrame... Matchermark.... :?

The wonderful Bolivian SO arrived this morning, thanks to Steve's unbeatable service :D

I can't wait to crack the bag, first thing tomorrow morning... And I'm really looking forward to trying the De Lujo blend!!!
quoad

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do not buy this coffee,

Postby quoad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:53 am

Oh!

Gosh.

:shock: + Image

That is really rather good, isn't it? :)
quoad

Postby GreenBean » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:54 am

A student, during the holidays, who is up and active before 8 am! :shock:

Wait a minute... let me check the date..... ahhhh yes the date explains it. :D

Have you tried the De Lujo yet? Please let us know what you think.

GreenBean

Postby quoad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:20 am

GreenBean wrote:A student, during the holidays, who is up and active before 8 am! :shock:

Ohhh... I'm a PhD, though... Hardly a proper student. We're the weird / obsessive / pathological ones who're left when all the sensible people've gone orff to make a packet doing proper jobs :?

Have you tried the De Lujo yet? Please let us know what you think.

I decided to do things 'sensibly', and ordered 2kg of De Lujo greens without any roast :D

I'm going to have to get through the 700ish g of roast beans I've got sitting around, before trying the De Lujo... Promise I'll report back ASAP, though :)
quoad

Postby GreenBean » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:38 pm

quoad wrote:Ohhh... I'm a PhD, though... Hardly a proper student.

Thanks, that explains it. I was comparing you to my son which caused the confusion. He is a student at Cambridge, is home for the holidays and has only just got up! You are obviously past the age at which mornings are nothing more than the mysterious time that old people talk of. :wink: :D

GreenBean

Postby quoad » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Good lord.

Had an Americano (and poured one for a... good female friend...) this afternoon!

Truly awe-inspiring coffee! The Americano REALLY brought out all the best bits of the cup... From outstanding, to truly awesome coffee!

And it won me a snog :D

Cheers, Steve! :D
quoad

Postby GreenBean » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 pm

quoad wrote:Good lord.

Had an Americano (and poured one for a... good female friend...) this afternoon!

Truly awe-inspiring coffee! The Americano REALLY brought out all the best bits of the cup... From outstanding, to truly awesome coffee!

And it won me a snog :D

Cheers, Steve! :D

You may have discovered a whole new way to promote coffee.

What Cupid does with arrows Steve does with coffee. :P

I suggest you take extra precautions before trying the De Lujo with company. :wink:

GreenBean

Postby Steve » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Love potions here !!! Get your love potions !!!
Steve
Founder Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping