Tecuamburro?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Tecuamburro?

Postby triptogenetica » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking to have a coffee for my aeropress, something that doesn't have to go in the espresso, but which tastes good on its own through the press.

HB has this guatemalan Tecuamburro at the moment; would it suit? Has anyone tried it?

Plus, I've heard so much about HB's espresso blend that I guess I'll have to try that sometime, but I'm trying to stick to known-origins rather than blends for the most part! Not sure why, but I just like knowing a bit about the origins).
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

RE: Tecuamburro?

Postby HughF » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Of the HB Guatemalans in stock I'd go for the Finca Las Nubes, nice, smooth and only £2.90 ready-roasted or £2.30 green so it's very good value. The El Injerto is out of stock unfortunately as I'd prefer that and it's not too much more.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

RE: Tecuamburro?

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:46 am

We love El Injerto too - as Hugh says, it is very nice :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping