Nez du Cafe

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Nez du Cafe

Postby charmon » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi All,
I ordered a Nez du cafe set nearly three weeks ago and have yet to receive delivery. I dont want to discredit the vendor but if anyone has ever had any bad experiences buying from a UK vendor could you PM and let me know. I know its slower coming up to xmas but its an expensove purchase and I cant get a response from them.

Ta
charmon

RE: Nez du Cafe

Postby lukas » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:45 pm

I have no idea what a Nez du cafe is, nor do I know which supplier you speak of - but have you tried to get in contact with the supplier by phone? Usually, this settles things quite effective :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:21 pm

I think it's a 'sensory training kit' Lukas. Has your credit card been charged Charmon? If so, you could perhaps call them if the vendor does not respond. Good luck, hopefully it's just the seasonal rush causing delays.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:07 am

Joey had one at the MC. It's just little bottles of the 'scents' that you often hear used to describe some of the coffees. I was very very new in my interest in coffee at the time and didn't really benefit from it. It may be because of that that I personally prefer just paying attention to the aroma, texture, flavour of the food/ingredients/beverages I eat/drink now. I also find it more fun... but then again, I'm a pig *snort*oink*snort*oink*oink* ;)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby KahawaShaun » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:34 pm

I 'acquired' one, the 'full version' from the US govn (cheers guys!). Good piece of kit, but IMHO really only for teaching purposes. My guys had never tasted/smelt blackcurrents, so how can you describe it??? One small problem, once you have opened the pots the scent deteriorates somewhat. Good pocket accompanying pocket book though.
KahawaShaun

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:13 am

I've got the set and I rarely use it, good tool for teaching as Kahawa says.
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping