HB He Visitado

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

RE: HB He Visitado

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:23 am

:lol: Yeah Beany but I now need to find a mini-HB Steve to make the roasts perfect! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Compared to you, he IS mini :P :lol: Just pack him up and take him home with you next time you see him then :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Gouezeri » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:16 pm

I knew there was something we forgot to do yesterday... darn it! :lol:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:34 pm

No hold on, what's that in my pocket ............. ? Oh, no, it's just another fab muffin! ;) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Oooh, that's cruel! :P
In that case, I might just head round to TOBL tomorrow for a muffin, followed by pud at Bea's :P
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 pm

B'stard :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:33 am

FruitCake's Sig Line wrote:"This week, I mostly love Leigh ... lots!"

Did you put the NutCake on Cloud Nine with offerings of muffins, Leigh? ;)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby darrensandford » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Well, I finally got around to roasting those beans.

I roasted it in an old wok. Heated it, threw in the beans and rammed a lid down tight (it was slightly smaller), tossing them every 1-2 seconds.

I was pretty nervous as to whether I would hear 1st crack or not, but it would be pretty hard to miss! Turned down the heat and took it on through there. When I heard a quieter pop a few minutes later, off of the heat and onto a metal roasting sheet to cool.

I didn't expect quite that much chaff either! It goes -everywhere-! I ended up taking the sheet outside and blowing on it as I agitated the beans. Cooled down in a couple of minutes in this weather!

Not as much smoke as I expected, but the extractor hood helped a lot.

I also expected everything to smell of coffee, but it actaully smelt more like... bread? Something like that.

Result? Lovely evenly dark-ish brown beans! They are just now starting to smell like coffee. Only problem is I need to wait before I can drink! Curses!

Who knows what I'll get from this one! Sausage? Black pudding? Who knows?

What I do know is that it was bags of fun, and I want to to it again! Curse you, Cakey!
darrensandford

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:06 pm

Mwaaaaaa haaa haaaaaa! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping