HB He Visitado

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

HB He Visitado

Postby dsc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi everyone,

anyone tried this blend yet? I got it before the weekend, but I'm still waiting for it to degas as currently I'm getting a rather flat cup (low body, quick disappearing crema). It tastes a bit like black tea, also a bit nutty and popcorn'y (?). I using 13g in a double basket, with 4s preinfusion and it gives very nice extractions. I will push it up to 14g today and go with 3s preinfusion to see whether it makes any difference.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: HB He Visitado

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Not yet but I shall be waiting with bated breath now to read what you think of it :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby dsc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Cakey,

tried it again today, with 14.5g in the double basket, 3s preinfusion and a rather light tamp. Got a very nice half-ristretto with a nutty flavour, some vanilla and marzipan, but with the same body and crema problems. On top of that the static on this blend is huuuuge:

Tomorrows mission is a slightly higher temperature and a slightly coarser grind.

Regards,
dsc.

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby dsc » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi again,

so today I've managed to taste Irish whisky/cream kind of thing when I've added a small amount of milk to a double shot:) I knew the whiskey taste was there from the beginning, but the milk allowed me to actually say what it was. I can also smell something fruity but I'm not sure what it is yet.

Regards,
dsc.

dsc

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:03 pm

Ohhh, sounds interesting dsc. Maybe it's time we ordered a bag and had a play too :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gadders » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:19 am

Interesting name, literally "I have visited".
Gadders

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:26 am

Yup, all the beans are from places the dodgy shirted one has visited :P. We finally got round to ordering a bag. Hopefully the postie will manage to get it here in the morning :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby darrensandford » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:41 am

I have a bag of this and a bag of crimbo on the way. Looking forward to it!
darrensandford

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:12 pm

Ours arrived on Saturday. We'll be having a shot or two later - something nice to look forward to :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby darrensandford » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 am

So, I fail at ordering coffee.

Note to self: watch for the bit of writing that says "Green".

On the plus side, I have never been in contact with green coffee before, so it was interesting to have a smell and feel the beans. :)
darrensandford

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:52 am

Are you going to have a go at oven roasting now you have then Darren?
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby darrensandford » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:16 am

I am certainly considering it - might wait until my wife is out of the house before I do!

Although I am a bit nervous that I might get the bug - I can't afford another expensive hobby! :shock:
darrensandford

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 pm

Oh, go on go on go on go on, you know you want to! ;) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby darrensandford » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:44 pm

You are going to get me into trouble Cakey! :twisted:
darrensandford

Postby Beanie » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:19 pm

LMAO... darrensandford... you DO know that Cakey basically has a mini-HB roastery set up at home now right? I mean he DOES have the bloody Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster after all!!! It's not just on his kit list! I was there when it was being loaded into his car! Go on... listen to the FruitCake more... you WILL get in trouble... but then again, it was inevitable once you joined TMC ;)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Next

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping