El Salvador La Laguna

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

El Salvador La Laguna

Postby espressomattic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Bottom Line is that this is the best coffee I have ever had, period.

So why???

I tried this down at Rocket and it was a very unusual cup. Very clean, bright and full of red berries with a hint of what I can only describe as sour apples, although it sounds a wierd descriptor it was really nice. Very full bodied and an aftertaste that just lingered.

I roasted a small batch at home and inadvertantly took it a little darker, just before 2C. For once I actually surprised myself. It suited the Gene and the result gave me the following:

Some of the high end notes had been toned down. I was fearful that as the Gene highlights the higher notes it would turn out too bright. I had a big up front hit of Brazil nuts going on, still loads of rasberry type flavours, very clean, creamy mouthfeel and an aroma that was just awesome.

Thankfully Glenn really likes his El Salvadorian coffeess and I am begining to see why.

Just off to have another cup, then I am on "Nil by mouth" :wink:
espressomattic

RE: El Salvador La Laguna

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Sounds fab mate, but the big question is ........ is it? The best for you yet, I mean? :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping