Green bean question

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Re: RE: Re: RE: Green bean question

Postby Bertie_Doe » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:32 pm

quoad wrote:
Bertie_Doe wrote:I also have a Hottop. What level of roast did you take the Huila to?

WELL. My notes say tenuous / possible / might-be 2nd, so veryvery early (possibly the first) second crack; or possibly slightly before.

Thoughts?

Ok, don't give up on the Huila just yet. Reduce the batch to 200g and take the Huila to Rolling 2nd i.e. very rapid machine-gun 2nd. Spread the roasted beans out on a sheet of paper for about 4 hours. After 2 days, pull a 15.5g double, but stop the shot at between 1.5 fl oz and 1.7 fl oz (including crema) and let us know what it's like.

Bertie
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

Re: RE: Re: RE: Green bean question

Postby quoad » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:29 pm

Bertie_Doe wrote:Ok, don't give up on the Huila just yet. Reduce the batch to 200g and take the Huila to Rolling 2nd i.e. very rapid machine-gun 2nd. Spread the roasted beans out on a sheet of paper for about 4 hours. After 2 days, pull a 15.5g double, but stop the shot at between 1.5 fl oz and 1.7 fl oz (including crema) and let us know what it's like.

Bertie

Thank you, Bertie - but I'm sorry to say it's too late...

They were *ahem* permanently filed... In part because I've got some decaffs I'm absolutely loving, and'd tried too many times (with too many different bits of kit) with the Huila. I think it died a death by 1,000 papercuts in my graceless hands! If Steve gets some more in at some point, I might get a small bag n try your suggestion :)

Cakey: :P :D
quoad

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping