A new roaster on the block...and I`m impressed.

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:26 am

twas either that, or fire and brimstone :twisted:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Beanie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey Danski, if Reiss would like to join, there's no reason why not :) So if you're reading this Reiss... come join the madness :D There are several business owners here, business-owners to be, employees, representatives, etc :) Just stick to no self-promotions and everything will be hunky dory :) There really is no need to self-advertise on TMC when customer service & product quality will do that job for you... like Danski ;)

One of the co-owners of where I work came in yesterday sporting a logo'd t-shirt from the 'competition', just 10 minutes down the street :lol: and was really proud to wear it. It was a lovely logo & tee too. Mind you the owner of the competition was in last week for a coffee too :lol:

Awwww, Dom's just jealous, Aaaaadje Pataaaaatje cutie patootie :D Arrghhh did I just say 'cutie patootie' out loud? :?

I loooovve opening parties :D Especially the ones where you invite yourself :P :lol: or beg to be allowed to attend :oops:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Aadje » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Aaaaadje Pataaaaatje cutie patootie

I like you to, Beany!

btw, Dom, how the h*ll do you know I've got big ears? And you smell funny yourself!
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm

I am just here, I guess that's enough ;)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun May 25, 2008 11:07 am

Anyone else tried them out? Jim, do you care to share your opinion, as you mentioned?

Danski> We all love coffee in one form or the other, so don't be shy to share new experiences with us! (No Cakey... coffee experiences)
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby Gouezeri » Sun May 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Cakey is an experience in himself :wink:

I must remember to order some of this when I get back to town. Thanks for reviving the thread Sunny.

Just so it is clear, members without commercial ties can recommend anyone they like, and we're happy for them to do so. Commercial enterprises and their representatives are also welcome to join TMC and take part in the discussions, all we ask is that you treat the forum and its members with respect, and not use it as a means of generating publicity. Firms who provide good service don't need to publicise themselves around here as their reputations speak for themselves. Last but not least, if anybody has any questions, all they have to do is send a message to one of the team and we'll do our best to help. Decisions are not made by individuals though, but by the team as a whole, so we always try to be fair and do what is in the forum's best interest.
Gouezeri

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sun May 25, 2008 3:44 pm

would it maybe be a good idea to have business owners declare themselves in there profiles or something, then at least it would clear up who is who. I'm not saying people should put links to there website in their signature or anything.

I might actually be interested in trying out a shop or product from a TMC member but its difficult to find out who is who because people are usually very good at not mentioning there commercial interests, maybe a one off amnesty?

As for the london roasters I hope that one day there will be such good local offerings that cafes will start to advertise the speciality roasters in the window a bit like illy and lavaza do.

Monmouth seems to dominate soho, I wonder if they have exclusive deals for that or could a cafe offer a choice of roasts
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby CakeBoy » Sun May 25, 2008 5:04 pm

There are some ideas under discussion at the moment that might make this type of thing clearer. Hopefully more news soon :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Sun May 25, 2008 6:56 pm

The other thing we have to bear in mind, is not everybody wants to "out" themselves as being a pro. Some people enjoy taking part in the discussions and banter of TMC without having to declare who they work for, which is fine by us, as we try to respect the individual, and we want TMC to be open to all. As Mark says, we are currently looking at options regarding this, and hope to put a trial in place soon.

On the subject of London roasters, I've only really noticed Monmouth being advertised. Unfortunately not everybody does it justice though, which can be a double edged sword for the roaster. Hopefully Jim's little venture will open up the market some more and provide variety.
Which reminds me, I must remember to ask Steve privately as to whether he supplies anyone in town.
Gouezeri

Postby kingseven » Sun May 25, 2008 7:01 pm

I did try the coffee but for the reasons mentioned above and my commercial position I haven't posted about it. I don't think any reviews of cafes or coffees I do from now on (London based ones anyway) will carry much credibility no matter how good a job I try to do, so that won't be happening from now.

I just like drinking different coffees and getting an idea of different espresso philosophies.
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby Gwilym » Sun May 25, 2008 7:39 pm

i tried it. think i will stick with monmouth

(no commercial interests, i give them money)
Gwilym

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping