Barako beans?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Barako beans?

Postby WillC » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 pm

I have just had a 1/2 kg of Barako coffee beans come into my possession. A friend has been visiting the philippines and came back with a bag. When i have finished my current stash of coffee i shall try them but i couldn't find much about them so was wondering if anyone one else had tried them?

Will
WillC

Postby Olings » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Had the same thing happen to me. I got a bag from someone coming back from the Philippines. Tried it at work and it was ok. Had to much robusta for my taste, but it was much better than many such coffee-presents I have gotten lately. Always interesting to try these things out though. They taste quite foul more often than not, but that makes one appreciate the good stuff all the more.

Give it a try. It's worth the effort. It might even be more to your taste. There are many different approaches and ideas around what people feel coffee should be, and even though one person dislikes it that doesn't mean that it's bad coffee.

Ola
La Marzocco GS3, Compak K10, Dualit grinder, Turkish coffee maker (Ibrik) and grinder, Eva Solo coffee maker, French press, Aeropress.
Olings

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping