Xmas Dinner Coffee ? whats everyone having ?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:28 pm

lukas wrote:I only read that first sentence and my head had nearly got bang ... daaaaaaaaaugrhfffff you still have some? I've had one small bag of it, and only the last cup I had from that was really good, but alas, it was one of the best cup of coffees I ever had. That's quite a while ago but it still stands and I thought I'd forgotten about it but it seems I did not ;)
When I discovered how good it was it was already too late ... Enjoy it, hopefully it's still good after a year (or so :))

edit: typo

Thanks! I've just finished it and it's resting. Fairly short roast, just into medium and a few minutes past first crack. Unfortunately for small batches the iRoast2 tends to heat up a little fast and so the roast was a tad on the quick side (6 minutes). Can't wait to open the bag up tomorrow and get a whiff, the nose is incredible on this one!

Dan
------------------------------------------------------------------
Lincolnshire water is killing poor Gaggia......

PID'd Gaggia Coffee, Silvia Wand, Naked PF / Ibertial MC2 Auto / iRoast2 / Popper Roaster / Schott VacPot / No cupboard space anymore!
http://www.thedomesticbarista.com
-----------------------
Dan

Postby Bertie_Doe » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:17 pm

Dan wrote:I'm in the awkward situation of having 200g of genuine Blue Mountain ready to go too. Problem is it was given to me by a friend who will be with us it is poorly packaged, at least a year old (almost certainly considerably more) and, the company boasts "Dark Roasted for flavour".

One of my favs' is Dominican Republic Barahona, the blurb here, suggests it tastes a bit like Blue Moutain. I've never tasted BM, but I can say that Barahona is a sod to roast. Too light or too dark and you're dead, but if you hit the spot, hmmm ..... nirvana.

QC
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping