Indian Yelnoorkan Estate.

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Indian Yelnoorkan Estate.

Postby Richard » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:11 pm

I can't wait to make my way through all the different beans you guys are talking about, in the meantime I'm still learning with the ones I have. (See my list)

Singularly, the one I had most problems with is a bean that Steve recommended I try when I invited him.

All my roasting is done to what I think you would call medium, I tried the Kenyan into second crack and didn't care for the flavour so I tend stop the roast in between first and second. 11 to 12 minutes when first is around 6 to 8 minutes.

The Yelnoorkan I just didn't get on with, tasted weak, insignificant, insipid and watery and even when I increased the amount of coffee to water I didn't care for it. Today I took the Yelnoorkan into second crack and it's a different coffee, lovely.

I don't like coffees that are roasted until the beans get shiny but then I didn't like green vegetable when I was a kid, I learnt another lesson today.

Looks like I'm going to be creating a data-base, I'll never remember the different roasts for different beans and I suppose this all strengthens the cause for a more accurate way of roasting even though I'm determined to stay with what I'm using for the time being.

Thanks Steve, I knew you hadn't given me a bum-steer.
Hot-air-gun roasting.
French press.
Aeropress. Swiss Gold Modified.
Bialetti Venus.
MahlKonig Vario.
Richard

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping