Rwandan Mugwambwa

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Rwandan Mugwambwa

Postby espressomattic » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:03 pm

Well I was reccommended this beut from the guys at Rocket.

Took it to a medium roast and trued it as an espresso. Now it gave a very thick pour with lots of crema. The cup was very bright, floral, acidic. It had hints of underipe summer fruits in there and a lovely milk chocolate like after taste.

I then had a flat white with this and it cut through the milk in an amazing way. It was like drinking a Mocha but with out the choclate. A very delightful sweetness came through with stacks ofupfront milk chocolate.

Lastly I tried it through the french press. This gave a very smooth and balanced cup. Very little acidity, with some lovely floral notes coming through. Maybe even a hint of something pungent like jasmine.

As a straight shot, yes it is OK, but as Milk drinks or press pot, well this is where it shines.

VERY NICE!
espressomattic

RE: Rwandan Mugwambwa

Postby lukas » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 pm

I had it from Steve in one of the last monthly deliveries and it was very lovely in the aeropress and filter. Didn't dare to try it as an espresso, since 250g are only that much and I don't want to waste precious coffee only to dial the grinder in!
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

RE: Rwandan Mugwambwa

Postby espressomattic » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Well after three days I finished off the last of the 250g. Again through the press. Out came some wonderful floral aromas, the Jasmine really came through which reminded me of Esmarelda. Although the chocolate tone was still there it was a lot clamer and it was a very refreshing brew. Not heavy and all. The acidity had almost gone and it was a pretty clean taste.

Absolutly amazing. It is hard when you have access to quality coffee to get blown away by them, but this really did it for me.

Stunning.
espressomattic

Postby johnny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:22 pm

I like it ...but its not as smooth dark and chocolately as I would like for an espresso.

However mix it 70 brazilian 30 Mugumbwa ..... and its awesom ... you get a nice dark smooth espresso with enough of a high note to cut through milk if you Latte it
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping