New CoE Colmbian

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

New CoE Colmbian

Postby espressomattic » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:06 pm

As I have siad elsewhere I have just roasted up this fine bean....details are as follows:

Farmer: Faviaer Cardozo
Farm: Chirimoyo
Score: 89.58

This was quite an unusual Colombian. It produced a great looking coffee with a nice red crema. The ground gave off a slightly chocolate/rich coffee aroma. The initail taste gave a huge hit of Young red wine type flavours and interestingly wuite a citrus follow on. It appreared to be quite acidic initially. Today it is still gving the itrus and wine, but more choclate is comeing through and berry like tastes are there. The acidity has clamed a little.

Quite interesting for a Colombian and very very good all round.

I did blend t with a little of the Yirg I had left and it gave a very balanced cup and very smooth.

This was from the 2006 lots and if you come across it, do try.
espressomattic

RE: New CoE Colmbian

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:22 pm

You bugger ..... I'm gone 5 minutes and you start finding superb coffees ....... sounds great mate :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping