Coffee supplier for new coffee shop

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby jon » Sat May 05, 2007 1:12 am

what - you're saying the coffee looks a bit dark roast :lol: Actually, varies a fair bit - from medium-roast through to double-roast moca (black and shiny)
jon

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coffee supplier for new

Postby Slimboyfat » Tue May 08, 2007 8:52 am

Oooh, put me down for a couple of kilos of their Strong French.... 75% robusta

Looks like another roaster who is anti-homeroast too

Don't knock them 'till you've tried them! I was suggesting them as an additional source of greens for the list.

I have had several good chats with them about home roasting and they have always been very friendly - I agree that the blurb on their website is a bit down on home roasting though (I suspect that there must be a historical reason for that)

Their MM is well worth a try - it's not the AA Elephant, roasts very oily - interesting

Haven't tried anything else from there though.

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Postby leecb » Tue May 08, 2007 9:07 am

I've tried quite a few of their coffees over the years and while they are interested and make an effort to know what is happening (and make a half way decent flat white) they are just TOO inconsistent for my taste. Roasts vary from not bad medium to black as very burnt Tisri :wink:
They changed roaster about a year ago and have not been the same since I'm afraid.

Also they tell you what country the beans are from but no more info than that, and they are charging quite a lot for coffee. If there coffee is indeed fair-trade organic etc, surely they should know where and when it was grown, roasted etc?
All in all a sweet place (albeit one that could do with a good clean :lol: ) where you can get a decent coffee to drink, in a china cup!
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby Slimboyfat » Tue May 08, 2007 11:33 am

Roasts vary from not bad medium to black as very burnt Tisri

yes - I'd heard this from someone else too
I've only used them for MM greens, so can't comment on them as a roaster really

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coffee supplier for

Postby tisri » Tue May 08, 2007 1:08 pm

leecb wrote: vary from not bad medium to black as very burnt Tisri :wink:

I've never been burnt that badly :-)
I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.
tisri

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping