Most chocolaty pre roasted espresso blend out there???

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Most chocolaty pre roasted espresso blend out there???

Postby PhilSmith » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:24 pm

Whilst browsing the many coffee online based forums I keep coming across the word "chocolaty", my wife is particularly intrigued by this as she is still trying to find a taste for straight espresso.
So your suggestions for a super-chocolately espresso blend would be great. I don't mind blending myself so single origin names and the recipe would be ok. I haven't quite convinced he that I need a roaster so they need to be pre roasted and readily available mail order

Thanks

Phil
Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini E
Espro Tamper
PhilSmith

RE: Most chocolaty pre roasted espresso blend out there???

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:54 pm

La Manuella is very chocolate caramel in flavour and makes a nice SO espresso. She might also like La Fany which is very creamy or Cachoeira which has buttery caramel. There are lots of nice chocolatey coffees around, but all have other flavours as well. Maybe you should have a word with Steve and see what he recommends out of what is about at the moment.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby icke » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:31 pm

on a completely different matter, steve made me aware of his 'coffee search engine'.
if i select as brewed: don't care and for espresso: 'good in' and then put chocolate into one of the keyword fields, it comes up with a bunch of suitable beans...

i however believe that for someone who actually wants to drink a hot choc, coffee is a rather poor substitute... ;)

hope it's okay to post a link to a commercial coffee seller here, if not, mods please delete...

cheers,
o
Black KvdW Speedster / Arrarex Caravel / Elektra Nino / Vario / Huky 500 / and a bunch of less frequently used things...
LMWDP #386
icke

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping