Esmeralda

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby fred25 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:53 pm

so now that you made us all jealous about tasting the esmerelda ;) .... Is Steve going to stock it? Unless I'm mistaken the lot sweetmaria had is already all gone..... :(
fred25

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:20 pm

Er, I'm sure people can answer this much better than I, but what was available disappeared very quickly... not even sure that Steve has that much, other than what he has used a couple of times for cuppings. Still, we enjoyed it :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:29 pm

fred25 wrote:so now that you made us all jealous about tasting the esmerelda ;) .... Is Steve going to stock it? Unless I'm mistaken the lot sweetmaria had is already all gone..... :(

Not a chance unfortunatly if I could I would, its very VERY good coffee, I'm sure it will do well again in this years compertition, the most didstinct coffee I've ever cupped.
Steve
Founder Member

Re: Esmeralda

Postby Beanie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:42 pm

espressomattic wrote:In fact I would say that Jasmine Tea is the for me the best descriptor of this coffee. Wonderful and light in body.

Well, according to breako, if you want to taste Esmeralda, just brew yourself a cup of Jasmine Tea :P :twisted: :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Steve wrote:Not a chance unfortunatly if I could I would, its very VERY good coffee, I'm sure it will do well again in this years compertition, the most didstinct coffee I've ever cupped.

It's so ddidistinct... just look at what it has done to his typing :P
There goes my chances of ever trying it again! :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby fred25 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:09 pm

I'm the biggest moron there is.... here i was lamenting that i'd never have the chance to taste the esmeralda, and last night got home and thought: 'mmhh, i fancy roasting something different in the coming days, maybe i should have a look at the sweet marias coffees i ordered back in january (and which arrived a couple of weeks back)' - and what was staring at me, but a 1lb bag of esmeralda gesha? :shock: :D

Oh the joys of having a memory like swiss cheese! :lol:
fred25

Postby zix » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:17 pm

wow. Lucky you!
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby lukas » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm beginning to get angry now at you lot :twisted: :wink:
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby Bertie_Doe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:03 am

The price is a bit too rich for me, even though it's meant to taste like 'Angel's tears' Mind you, at $50 per pound AUCTION PRICE, I'd want something that tastes like coffee. :roll:
Cumbers
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

Postby Steve » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:59 pm

But $50 a pound bet you've had a glass of wine or a spirit thats cost more per cup, in fact a pint of beer is around the same price as this wonderful coffee.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby lukas » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:11 pm

Problem is, you don't go out and buy a 100$ bottle of wine, you go out and get a 15$ glass of it. That's basically it. Well, if your name's olings, than of course you can go out and get just a cup of esmeralda ....
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby fred25 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:30 pm

lukas wrote:Problem is, you don't go out and buy a 100$ bottle of wine, you go out and get a 15$ glass of it.

I have to admit having spent on occasion that much for a bottle of wine... A glass is just drunk so quickly ;)
fred25

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping