Best post blend ever!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:07 am

toasty... try grinding it about 3 - 5 minutes before pulling the shot ;)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby lukas » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:14 am

Regarding light roasted espresso blends, see the recent thread about "Espresso extractions" and dosing less and grinding finer ... perhaps worth a try?
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby monkey66 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:18 am

I don't touch it until 3-4 days after roast...probably doesn't peak until day 4-5, make sure you have some left :-)
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby toast21 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi everyone.. hmmm i think i might try some of those options and see how i go. the way things have gone recently, i'm not able to pull more than 2 coffees in the morning and generally dont have one at night. Since i've got 2 bags roasted, i should still have over a bags worth when it peaks :)
In the middle of darkness a voice spoke to me. "Smile and be happy" it said, "For things could be worse". So I smiled, and was happy, and things got worse.

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby monkey66 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:28 pm

Toasty, If you want a reference PM me your address and i'll send you a few shots worth of my latest (post roast blended) batch. should be peeking around Sunday/Monday.
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby toast21 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:30 pm

jsut thought i'd give a quick update guys... its day 4 and i pulled 2 espressos this morning. They tasted medium - high bright with a little bit of chocolate in the background and all trace of burn is gone. Ok that said, i HAD just brushed my teeth so maybe that's got a little part to play in this :)

Given that it was fairly bright, i thought it'd go good in a flat white and it was really really smooth, quite happy with it.

This morning i've decided to roast the beans separately and put them together post roast. I've roasted about 500gms of each, but I think my CoE is a little TOO light... But, only an hour after roast and they certainly smell quite good... we'll see :)
In the middle of darkness a voice spoke to me. "Smile and be happy" it said, "For things could be worse". So I smiled, and was happy, and things got worse.

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:49 pm

This blend sounds lovely with the chocolate and silky mouthfeel, I need to try it, but want to wait and see whether you guys prefer it pre or post blended. Mate, the only thing is, I thought the toothpaste was meant to be added before the roast? :wink: :D

Funnily enough, I drank a glass of ice cold water after brushing my teeth today ...... woooooohooooo it burns! :shock: :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby toast21 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:52 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Mate, the only thing is, I thought the toothpaste was meant to be added before the roast? :wink: :D

lol actually funly enough, when i tried it 1 day after roast (roasted them both together), i did pick up a slight toothpastey taste lol. I'd already eaten brekky by then so it can't be residual toothpaste :).

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:54 pm

:lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping