"Tastes of" vs "reminds me of"

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:00 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Where might we get hold of some of the Fortaleza Jim?

Really into peanuts are you, Cupcake? Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:21 pm

..... being a bit of a monkey :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby monkey66 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:12 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:23 pm

Noooooo, you are a whole monkey ..... a chromed one! :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby kingseven » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:51 pm

I don't know if the main crop has shipped - will find out....

And yes - the care pack of Intelly coffee mixed with my Chemex makes me a smug, caffeinated man.
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby Gouezeri » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:07 pm

kingseven wrote:And yes - the care pack of Intelly coffee mixed with my Chemex makes me a smug, caffeinated man.

:P
Well I've got some OBJ I've been saving (read, don't know what to do with) so nerrr :P
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby kingseven » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:08 pm

You could always serve it to someone you don't like, thus saving you the effort of having to actually pee in their coffee....
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby GeorgeW » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:20 pm

kingseven wrote:You could always serve it to someone you don't like, thus saving you the effort of having to actually pee in their coffee....

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby Beanie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Wassamatta Mr. George? Did Jim let your secrets out? :shock: :P :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:47 pm

kingseven wrote:You could always serve it to someone you don't like, thus saving you the effort of having to actually pee in their coffee....

Ooooeeeer Jim, don't say that ..... you'll give Lucas the wrong idea and goodness knows what will end up in his signature drink :shock: :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:56 pm

Toca da Onca - Jeez I am agreeing with Soapy...Almonds and Marzipan (Self Roasted tho' :P ), very juciy.
espressomattic

Postby bruceb » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:32 pm

Hey Matt! How are you holding up? Some folks here were getting worried that you had done in ol' Oscar and were ashamed to show your face. I, on the other had, kept the faith...ummm...Oscar is OK, right? :shock: :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby espressomattic » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:37 pm

bruceb wrote:Hey Matt! How are you holding up? Some folks here were getting worried that you had done in ol' Oscar and were ashamed to show your face. I, on the other had, kept the faith...ummm...Oscar is OK, right? :shock: :D

The final hurdle now, awaiting a decision on my visa...5 nail biting days to go...and yes Oscar is fine, but my roasting scheduele has gone to rat S**t! Actually had no coffee yesterday...I am so ashamed :oops:

I haven't broken anything in a long tme now....hey maybe I just broke the recorde for me not breaking anything in a long time? DOH, there you go, broke that as well ;)
espressomattic

Postby bruceb » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:49 pm

I'd say you're breaking our hearts by leaving us, but I'd better not because ol' George wouldn't forgive me for it. Anyway, we're all biting our nails (figuratively) for you. But you better get some coffee roasted! This will never do. I've been told that two days without coffee will make you very sick. Image
bruceb

Postby espressomattic » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:55 pm

Two hours in London was bad enough...I had to remedy it with very fresh roasted coffee this morning in Quads!
espressomattic

PreviousNext

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping