Aerobie Aeropress - Favourite beans and what method?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Aerobie Aeropress - Favourite beans and what method?

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Now that many here have Aerobies it might be fun to share in one thread which beans we all like the most through it and how we brew with it :D

Thanks to Steve's expertise, we have had some lovely new crop Yirg which was stunning both as a pseudo vac-pot and espresso style. The latter was also very nice with some steamed milk as a light summer cappuccino that gave a lovely grapefruit bite to start and was very refreshing. Further experiments with caramel laden Central American varieties are being bravely carried out in the name of science and with little regard for the personal safety of those involved :wink:

As for method, for the vac-pot style a grind of one notch from finest on the Solis/Dualit with one scoop of beans is currently being employed here and the water is right on the number two figure. The espresso type is the same but with two scoops of beans.

I was thinking the other day that the Aeropress is the only non-espresso method I have come across that produces such a good coffee it might be possible for me to live without loads of expensive kit (not that I am going to :wink: ) and still get the most from the beans. Brilliant :P

The Aerobie seems so versatile that there are bound to be numerous methods, so what is everyone else up to? :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping