HasBean nominated for UKTV "Food Hero of the Year"

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Paul L » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:01 pm

Not sure Steve and BB, about half-way down the link Steve posted:

"Expect to see a Cachoeira blend shortly which will contain three beans from the same farm with very different profiles that is espresso heaven. God I love coffee Updated Monday, May 29, 2006"
Paul L

Postby RobC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:32 pm

Baz does it for me, "The Jamie Oliver of the coffee industry". Now I want to see Steve in the back of a VW Beetle (modern) roasting a Deterra on a Gene Cafe while the Stig does a lap of the Top Gear track - That would really put Speciality Coffee to the masses!
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:49 pm

As long as the resultant blend doesn't get that nice Mr Clarkson wired and thus even more excited than usual :P . I like Clarkson, he is so non-PC and he makes me laugh :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:58 pm

Paul L wrote:Not sure Steve and BB, about half-way down the link Steve posted:

"Expect to see a Cachoeira blend shortly which will contain three beans from the same farm with very different profiles that is espresso heaven. God I love coffee Updated Monday, May 29, 2006"

Ahh Ok now I'm there. Never quite came off I'm afraid, as one arrived (the canario) the screen dried left stage door left. One day :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:58 pm

RobC wrote:Baz does it for me, "The Jamie Oliver of the coffee industry". Now I want to see Steve in the back of a VW Beetle (modern) roasting a Deterra on a Gene Cafe while the Stig does a lap of the Top Gear track - That would really put Speciality Coffee to the masses!

I like the mental image :0 I have the new beetle if thats ok :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:02 pm

Steve wrote:
Paul L wrote:Not sure Steve and BB, about half-way down the link Steve posted:

Ahh Ok now I'm there. Never quite came off I'm afraid, as one arrived (the canario) the screen dried left stage door left. One day :)

Were you mixing them 1/3 each Steve? I have all three and wouldn't mind having some fun.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:06 pm

They need a slightly different profile on each, and it was a mix of 30% screen 30% Canario and 40% cach. The screen and the cach need a slow rise to first then full heat all the way to just before second. The Canario is a different beast that needs a sharp ramp to first and then a coast into the first pops of second then drop. a really interesting blend that I'm sure I'll be back to.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:09 pm

Right ho then, maybe that could be adapted to the capability of the Gene. That will be the next roast (well three roasts) here then. Cheers mate :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Actually, you know what, seriously for a minute - Steve's last post is typical of him. What other roaster would give away tips like that, disclose what is in his blends, how to get the best out of them and so on? The answer is very few - probably none! Steve's transparancy and open attitude just prove what a top bloke he is and that he is THE main man in his field. Legend :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby leecb » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:28 pm

Now I want to see Steve in the back of a VW Beetle (modern) roasting a Deterra on a Gene Cafe while the Stig does a lap of the Top Gear track - That would really put Speciality Coffee to the masses!

no no no...
on the roof of the Bugatti Veyron :lol: [/quote]
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby kingseven » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Steve wrote:They need a slightly different profile on each, and it was a mix of 30% screen 30% Canario and 40% cach. The screen and the cach need a slow rise to first then full heat all the way to just before second. The Canario is a different beast that needs a sharp ramp to first and then a coast into the first pops of second then drop. a really interesting blend that I'm sure I'll be back to.

Should be interesting next year as Gabriel has screen dried the Canario this year! (Oh, I am so excited!)
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby johara » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Not only have we voted for Steve - but we used his coffee at 10 Downing Street last week - we are that confident of the blend.

For security reasons I'm not allowed to say who 'WE' are.

The blend was one that we developed with Steve from 3 very special beans all of which are available from him separately.

Good luck steve.
johara

Postby lukas » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:21 pm

omg, Steve for Royal Coffee Supplier! Yey ;)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:16 pm

LOL :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby kingseven » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:20 pm

lukas wrote:omg, Steve for Royal Coffee Supplier! Yey ;)

Well that would mean he would have to do better than the stale over-roasted, c-grade coffees pedalled by Higgins......

oh wait...
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

PreviousNext

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping