There Here!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

There Here!

Postby Steve » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:08 am

Those not following the Best of Panama thread in the open house, I bought some of the $50 lb FOB coffee which is the most ever paid at auction for coffee from our Friend Tom Owen at Sweet Maria’s in America. The packs come in three's number 1 2 and 3 and come to a total retail price of $100 for 3 lb of coffee.

They arrived late last week, and I'm not sure what to do with them yet. But its very difficult to stop myself roasting and drinking them now.

I want I want I want.
Attachments
maria2.jpg
maria2.jpg (13.57 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
maria1.jpg
maria1.jpg (12.37 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
Steve
Founder Member

Re: There Here!

Postby scook94 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:45 am

Steve wrote: [snip]... and I'm not sure what to do with them yet. But its very difficult to stop myself roasting and drinking them now.

I want I want I want.

Go on, spoil yourself! :D
Izzo Vivi | Mazzer SJ Doserless | Gene Cafe
scook94

Postby Beanie » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:02 pm

Wooohoooooo Steve :D Really nice to see you get hit with the same thing I do everytime you update the HB "what's new" section :P ;) :P Oh... and when you start roasting them... switch off ALL the phones :P :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby kingseven » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:06 pm

and invite me over!
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Beany is soooo right. Spent ages on HB last night drooling. Glad you are not immune to our suffering :wink: . Nice one Steve. Cupping notes please and thoughts as to whether the coffee is worth the hype :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:36 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Beany is soooo right.
Duh! :roll: You only just figured this out? :P

CakeBoy wrote:_________________

This week I am mainly melting

:lol: :lol: :lol: soggy cake with melted icing everywhere... eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww sticky sticky :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:45 pm

Bean_Believer wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:_________________

This week I am mainly melting

:lol: :lol: :lol: soggy cake with melted icing everywhere... eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww sticky sticky :lol:

Silly girl :roll: , I don't wear my icing in the summer. I am currently lightly dusted with sugar and almonds :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping