Sources of Green

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Sources of Green

Postby Steve » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:21 pm

Hi Guys

I've been asked to see if i can find and celebes kalosi for a good customer, and wondered if your pooled knowledge knew of any green wholesale suppliers and if any stocked kalosi.

I currently use two and have recently (ie today) asked for some info from coffeehunter on the advice of Phil, for some brazilian fc and will see if they have any kalosi. Their list and site is so out of date.

A full list of suppliers would be great.

Cheers

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Just for the record

Postby phil » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:03 pm

Steve already knows this, but just to complete the audit trail I thought I'd record the fact that Mercanta do stock Kalosi.

Steve mentioned a list of UK wholesalers as being something he wanted to have. I could keep such a document on the website, accessible only to us. I'd be interested, just to know what was out there. Actually, as a wider issue, I have this fuck-off powerful web service and I'm looking for other (coffee related) things I can add to the site. I wasn't thinking reviews - that would be a bit "me too", if you know what I mean, although maybe one day.

Whaddya think guys?
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:29 pm

And why not have a review thing ? I think that would add something. i.e my nvona simonelli rules :lol: I wantto tell the world or just you guys :D
Steve
Founder Member

OK

Postby phil » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:04 pm

I just didn't want to seem like an egomaniac or worse still a second Mark Prince, in suggesting that we go for a format a bit like c-you-know-what.com.

But if you want to write a review, go right ahead. I'll do the necessary to make it sit prettily on the site.

OK - when can I expect the first draft Steve? :lol: Stitch up time - I'll hold you to it!!
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:44 am

Oh my god what have I done :shock: I'll see what I can do over the weekend
Steve
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:24 pm

May I bump this topic up, and ask for recommendations for green suppliers in the Europe? I'm aware most of you are in the UK, but I'm hoping to find suppliers in either Spain or Italy. I'm looking for a good range of origin coffee, and it must be organic and/or fair trade and/or shade-grown.

Any place I should start? I already contacted the SCAE, but they said I had to be a member before they could help me. I explained that I wanted to be in business before I joined, but they merely repeated their answer. :?

Thanks!
DrZeus

Not helpful

Postby phil » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:43 pm

Good old SCAE. Perhaps you spoke to Betty?

Eeffoc & I are members of the SCAE. Perhaps we can ask for you. I'll try contacting them tomorrow.

Sorry hadn't forgotten the espresso btw - machines made in Spain btw, dunno about their availablility locally though.

I'll try and remember where I saw that stuff.
phil
Founder Member

Re: Not helpful

Postby DrZeus » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:51 pm

Thanks, Phil. I can't recall the name, but it was via email.

BTW, is it possible to include the reply text in the email notification?
DrZeus

Reply text

Postby phil » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:30 am

Not "out of the box" AFAIK. Sadly our old blog used to do just that!

If it's important to you I can look into it, but I can't promise anything.
phil
Founder Member

Re: Reply text

Postby DrZeus » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:54 am

phil wrote:If it's important to you I can look into it, but I can't promise anything.

Naw, not that important. I just like to archive things via email. But I can just create links to the forum messages instead.
DrZeus

Coffee suppliers

Postby phil » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:59 am

DrZeus, I've just emailed Betty at the SCAE, blind copy to you, asking about greens wholesalers closer to your location.

I suspect that Mercanta may be one of your better bets for all that they are UK based. Someone I know buys some of his coffee from a German outfit.

Anyway, let's see what happens.
phil
Founder Member

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping