CHEAP GREAT GREEN COFFEE (anyone for ... 2)

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:46 pm

They only as a rule sell to the trade, but they do one off's. Spent the day with them today, good people but serious traders.

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Paws » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:45 pm

I'm quite tempted to get more than 2 kilos.
Paws

Postby fred25 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:27 pm

There's another 5 kilos left to buy for anyone still interested :)
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby Paws » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:10 am

Damn, go on, stick me down for an extra kilo.

So I'll have 3 Kilo in total. Or maybe more. No, I'll stick with the 3 kilo.

Damn! Still tempted but must resist. Grr. Hate you!
Paws

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:44 am

Go far it PAWS, sell it to your boss! :wink:

f
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:46 pm

Right, thats it 4 kilo and thats it. I'll take 4 kilo and that will be it. My final intention.

On a different note, at afternoon break, I wrote a resignation letter and handed it in. I've quit.
Paws

Postby Steve » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:58 pm

Wow big step good luck with it all.

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:58 pm

Crikey Paws ... have you something else lined up?
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:16 am

Wow Paws... best of luck to you :)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby zapty » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:02 am

Good decision Paws, your standards are way above those who run your previous place of employement. Hat off to you.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby BazBean » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:44 am

Paws.
with dedication to great coffee you should have no problem in finding a place where you can feel proud of the product your serve and valued for that effort. his loss. I for one would be proud to have someone with your heart working with me............... Next job you go for in coffee, YOU interview them and see if they deserve to have you.. :wink:
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby Joris » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:32 am

Good luck Paws !
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby scook94 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:53 am

Best of luck Paws, hopefully you'll find a place that you'll be proud to mention here. Out of interest, how did your boss take it? Did he realise what he was losing?

Steven
Izzo Vivi | Mazzer SJ Doserless | Gene Cafe
scook94

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:16 am

Baz is right .... you choose them next time , and make sure you tell them about your passion for coffee so they don't just think it's a job to you. Ask about their beans, machine set-up, cleaning etc. That should ensure you end up with a serious coffee place, as the first professional set-up that hears you ask those questions will snap you up. They will be having the opposite problem of struggling to find people that are true coffee lovers rather than just folk looking for a job. Good luck to you :P

Beautiful cat Steven ..... is he/she yours? :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:55 pm

Hey, sorry! Was quite drunk when I posted. I'm still wanting the 4 Kilos of beans though!

Yeah, I'd just had enough of work at that point. So just thought, right, thats it, wrote my letter and handed it in. Two section managers came and got me and took me to an office and said they weren't accepting my letter as they want to know why and won't let me quit until I tell them. They ended up babbling about retention figures and what personel will think considering that so many people are leaving catering. So after they let me go, I went straight to personel on friday and personel went mad. They said that if I want to leave no one can stop me and my managers should not be doing what they did so personal have had a "chat" with my managers!!

The place was just a farce. My boss and his team (I was never part of that clique) all hated coffee and thought it was disgusting. I was the only one passionate about it. One of the other things that made me think was at the thursday staff meeting, the section manager said that she preferred the espresso bar coffee as it was freshly ground and the restaurant coffee wasn't. Restaurant had bean-to-cup machines, and we had a doser FULL of ground. I could get about 20 doubles out of the doser! Is that freshly gound?!

Thanks for your comments. Very kind of you! Its comforting to know that there are people out there in the coffee world who care about coffee and care about other people who care about coffee. Thanks!

Back on topic...green beans.
Paws

PreviousNext

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping