CHEAP GREAT GREEN COFFEE (anyone for ... 2)

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby lukas » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Paws, good luck for finding the right job! It sounds like you made the right decision.
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:29 pm

Paws, reading the start of your story about "Two section managers came and got me and took me to an office and said they weren't accepting my letter as they want to know why and won't let me quit until I tell them." was interesting. I can think of at least fours laws broken and an not surprised that Personnel were so cross. An Employment Tribunal would love them! Shame you didn't think to ask the "bosses" what procedure was being used to "not allow resignation unless ....." and how that fitted in Law, or did you enquire? I get very cross when large firms either use their "knowledge" to bully employees by inferring rights that do not exist and which is in fact abuse of power, and/or do not uphold their duty of care to employees who are almost certain to have less expertise in employment Law/rights. Ok, off Soapy's box ...... :twisted:

So who is this firm then that you still just about work for? It must be a chain if you have section managers. I had always assumed it to be a one man owned shop, but clearly not. They will have nothing to hide, being a "responsible employer" as they all claim :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:06 pm

I'm actually bery angry about how the section managers treated me. The department manager is back on Wednesday and everyone says that I'll be taken to her office. If she does I'm really going to give them hell. Then take them down to personel.

On a different note, I couldn't possible tell you the name of the major retail department store that also has a division that are supermarket food retailers.

However, if you guess then...well...
Paws

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:23 pm

If you are "taken" down to her office and it gets uncomfortable for you, simply decline to comment and ask her to put any comments in writing for you and your advisors to consider. Then politely ask if she has completed her business with you as you would like to return to your duties. Is your logo ostensibly green by chance and your food adverts on tv not just food adverts, but silver lined, silk cosseted, smooth voiced, detail laden mini-epic sales opportunities? :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:25 pm

It could be the careing shareing one :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:27 pm

Did wonder, but the bunch with all the ex-Iceland shops have a better ad to take the mickey out of! :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:59 pm

I'm afraid that I didn't work for M&S. They actually pay better and seem to know what they are doing.

The place I did work in had green logo with some white/silver stripes through it at a diagonal angle.
Paws

Postby Steve » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:03 am

Mr Lewis then?

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Paws » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 am

Yep. Sure was.
Paws

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:10 am

Steve wrote:Mr Lewis then?

Steve

Glad you figured it Steve - I was sat thinking "errrrrrrr ......." :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:59 am

No surprise there!
Paws

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping