Lavazza Ground Coffees.

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:17 pm

Exfoliation then as slug repellent :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:19 pm

Exfoliation?!

You saying I have bad skin? Eh?

lol
Paws

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:22 pm

Well you won't if you use the Lavazza :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:27 pm

*Cries*
Paws

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:39 pm

Only kidding .... take it to work, they'll probably be grateful :wink: . I think it's great that you keep trying to improve the place despite the best efforts of your boss to keep it bad.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Paws » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:48 pm

Haha. I should take it to work. The boss would probably say its the best coffee in the world.
Paws

Postby leecb » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:24 am

have fun with all that chemistry stuff at the Fat Duck Jim,
and see if you can blag lunch too!
The food is fantastic, I'm sooo jealous :evil:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby JKH » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:11 am

Davec wrote:

I do think it's dreadful what Super markets have done to our food, truly dreadful. Unfortunately the whole thing is probably irreversible now.

e.g. it looks like a tomato, it's perfectly round, blemish free, beautifully red and it looks ripe. BUT, it smells and tastes of nothing or worse still tastes like a lemon and has the texture of a conference pear? And we get these wonderful offerings whether tomatoes are in and out of season, it doesn't matter when you buy them, they still taste crap.[/quote]

I really couldn't agree more, and with your later post about salt (don't get me started on added sugar!). It's disturbing that we are raising, or have already raised, generations of children who are unable to connect food with its origins on the land and the consequences of seasons and the availabilty of food. If every type of food is available 365 days a year, this basic knowledge will be lost and it is undoubtedly the fault of supermarkets.
I could go on and on (and on..) but see I'm beginning to rant now, so need a quick double to calm my nerves. To preserve a semblance of relevance to the purpose of this group, this will eb made from an Italian Crema blend from Traders of Surbiton, a supplier new to me and kindly recommended by Dave.

JKH
JKH

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:59 pm

JKH wrote:the consequences of seasons and the availabilty of food. If every type of food is available 365 days a year, this basic knowledge will be lost and it is undoubtedly the fault of supermarkets.
need a quick double to calm my nerves. To preserve a semblance of relevance to the purpose of this group, this will eb made from an Italian Crema blend from Traders of Surbiton, a supplier new to me and kindly recommended by Dave.

JKH

Totally agree about the food thing. My Grandad used to garden every Sunday morning in his veg patch and I always helped him right from being a toddler to my late teens. Those are some of the best memories of my life, not in the least the quality time spend with my dear Grandad. I loved being in the garden and still have a passion for home grown veg with all it's flavours and fresh goodness. It is a shame to see what convenience and so called progress is costing this country in heritage and quality :( .

As for the blend, it sounds very interesting. Please let us know what you think :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Nataleeps » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:56 pm

JKH wrote
I really couldn't agree more, and with your later post about salt (don't get me started on added sugar!). It's disturbing that we are raising, or have already raised, generations of children who are unable to connect food with its origins on the land and the consequences of seasons and the availabilty of food.

I'm glad someone mentioned the amount of sugar added. Trying to get my kids to cut down on their sugar intake is really tough as it seems to be added to everything that's manufactured, even cooked meats for school lunches. Fine when making my own meals from scratch, but try to pop into a supermarket and buy some thing ready to eat that's healthy, not covered in bread or batter, not low fat (so loaded with lots of sugar and salt to make up for the loss of taste).
Thanks to the media/Government and their cut down on fats, and salt and occasionally sugar (dear old sugar lobbyists), I actually have to try to get my kids to increase the amount of fat in their diet. If they had their way, everything would be grilled, with the fat cut off, and no dairy, or maybe a tiny bit of skimmed milk. I try to sneak fat in when ever I can as it's really quite a necessary part of your diet. I use full fat yogurt in their smoothies, as fatty a mince as I can in their bolognaise sauce etc. Unlike for me, we cheer when they put on weight.
Sorry.. I think I'd better stop now...
Rancilio S26, Bezzera BB105 grinder, Cunill Tauro grinder, Hottop
Nataleeps

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:04 pm

A very good point indeed Nataleeps. Sometimes the most important thing is lost in Government campaigns and that is balance. Governments and nowadays the media seem to find it hard to strike the middle line, floundering from black to white with absolutely no grey areas or complex issues in their little universes. The net result does seem to be that it drives people to extremes. The old common sense adage of a little bit of everything seems to have been lost in our idealistic perfectionist society with one rule fits no-one.

Sorry, I'll send Soapy's box back to him and shut up on this sunny, if damp, Sunday afternoon :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping