Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Aadje » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:37 pm

that's quite a lot . . .
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby zapty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:46 pm

Yes, I think so too, that is quite a lot and not really economically feasable at those prices..unless someone is driving over this way and wants to fill up his car boot with green beans.
That is the price we have to pay to keep you guys safely locked away on that wet little island.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby fred25 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:50 pm

UPDATE:

Found services offering up to 30kgs to the Netherlands for £20. Better, though for larger quantities...

Still searching.....
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby Cookie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:14 pm

I would have been interested but i just got 2kg of Yirg from HB so dont really need any more.
Isomac Zaffiro
Mazzer Mini-E
Hottop
French Press
2 Plastic Tampers ;) - Retired
Cookie

Postby Joris » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:18 pm

If all cloggies would order together they will be well under 30Kg I think and could share postage

Lets say (for arguments sake) there are 3 cloggies interested who all order 5Kg or less (per person).
Send to one address (20GBP = 30,85EUR) so postage can be divided by the number of cloggies = 10,25 Eur per person.
Postage from one dutchy to the other 2 = 5,75 Eur x 2 = 11,50 divided by 3 = 3,85 Eur

So with 3 dutchies participating the postage would be 13,85 Eur per person.

Add the costs of the beans (5GBP/Kg = 7,72 Eur/Kg) ....

1Kg - 21,52 Eur - a bit more expensive than ordering in NL (20,50 incl postage)
2Kg - 29,24 Eur - a bit cheaper than ordering in NL (35,50 incl postage)
3Kg - 36,96 Eur - a lot cheaper than ordering in NL (50,50 incl postage)

I'm still interested for 5 Kg if there's a couple other dutchies who are willing to participate as well.
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby zapty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:04 pm

Count me in Joris (driepinter), I'll take 5 kg if you will receive the shipment and send some my way. I have another 20 kg Kenya Rukira on the way so that (5 kg) will be the most I can purchase.
By the way, on the Rukira I had a good deal so if interested in a few kg, let me know.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby fred25 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:28 pm

Thanks Joris and Zapty for your posts!

I'll wait to see if there's a third Dutch interested and then will get in touch with Mercanta... Hopefully this is gonna happen! :)

By the way zapty, may I ask where you got your Rukira, and how good it is (if you've tasted it yet, that is ;) )? I'm on the lookout for some good kenyan, so i'd love to know more about that one!

Cheers! :D
fred25

Postby zapty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:37 pm

I bought it from the U.S of A, from Story House Coffee (they where a small specialty roaster who had a large following and where ver well regarded) who have sold their business and had a close out sale for their loyal customers. It(the Rukira) is described as such: a nose of "dark chocolate, toast, coriander seed, vanilla, lemon, tea rose, smoke, honey, pipe tobacco, rice, garden pea, roasted peanut, roasted hazelnut, roasted almond." and no I haven't tried it yet, it should be arriving from the boat at any time now.
zapty

Postby fred25 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:55 pm

Sounds like a good nose to me!

Thanks for the info :)
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby Joris » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:30 am

Zapty, has the Rukira a lot of acidity in the cup when used as SO espresso as far as you know ?

Doserless Mazzer Major
Joris

Postby zapty » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:34 am

Reasonable amount, depending on how you roast it.. Can do you a good deal though if interested.
zapty

Postby Joris » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:09 am

zapty wrote:Reasonable amount, depending on how you roast it.. Can do you a good deal though if interested.

Interested :)

Doserless Mazzer Major
Joris

Postby ivdp » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 am

zapty wrote:Reasonable amount, depending on how you roast it.. Can do you a good deal though if interested.

Didn't you say earlier that you have not yet tried it?

Ivo
ivdp

Postby zapty » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:28 am

Yes Ivo, but I am going by others who have tried it on CG and who where very pleased with it. Transportation over here is much longer compared to locally in the U.S of A.
zapty

Postby Steve » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:14 am

I've cupped the pre shipment samples and its very very good

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping