Anyone for Yirgacheffe?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby fred25 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your contribution Steve!

I am trying to convince people of that but nobody seems interested in Yirgacheffe.... :(

Hope you're cool about me trying to get people together to buy a bag.... and so not use HB :oops:

By the way, has the new shipment of Gethumbwini arrived? I got half pound from e-green, which I've gotta say taste delicious (but not so cheap, at £6 for 500g!). I'd be surprised if it was last year's, but since i'm no way near an expert I don't know. If nobody is interested in this yirgacheffe thing i might try with the gethumbwini (and buy a bag of Yirgacheffe for myself for my 6 litres-of-coffee-a-day consumption ;) )....
fred25

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:37 pm

Don't forget about Joris and I, we are good for 10 KG between the two of us.. Any other lowlander want to join us?
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby fred25 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:34 pm

I haven't forgotten! :D

As soon as there is another Dutchman it'll will be off to a flying start... the coffee, not the Dutchman ;)

(apologies for my very silly joke, I couldn't resist putting Wagner in)

The one thing i'm disappointed about is that nobody in the UK seems interested.... Which really beats me given that I think the price is right, and if Steve says it's a great bean it should be good enough for everybody here in the UK, seeing as this is his market . Then again I'm new to this game so....

Maybe I should start another thread titled

DEAD CHEAP GREEN COFFEE BEANS BUY NOW OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

? :?
fred25

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:54 pm

Well Fred25, I think the price is right and as Steve has given his blessing as one of the godfathers of TMC then I do not see why no UK members are joining in this either.
I thought at first that they did not want to incur his wrath.
Of course us Dutchmen are known for our adventurism and handelsgeest (trade spirit, roughly translated), we know a good thing when we see it.
If no other Dutchmen will join us then we will still go ahead, if you are certain that you can get the beans from Mercanta.
Maybe Beanybabe will join us once she is back from her one woman show/tour in the UK
By the way, do you take/use Paypal? Maybe join up as this would make the payment to you easier.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Steve » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:38 am

Gethumbwini is yet to arrive so I can be certain that the one you have is last years crop. Should be around 2 months or so.

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby fred25 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:52 am

Yes Steve, you're right! (obviously ;) ) I called Mercanta yesterday and as I understand they heaven't yet decided on a kenyan to import.

Zapty, I've called Mercanta (see above ;) ) and the Yirgacheffe is yet to land which should be about two weeks. A bit of a pain, on the other hand it gives us a chance to find that third elusive Dutch and for me a few English... If not i will still probably go ahead and post here a new thread daily to tell everybody how wrong they are.

As far as payment is concerned, I do use Paypal and that would certainly be the most convenient. I will keep you updated with any new info I have :)
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby zapty » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:42 am

Sounds good, Fred.
zapty

Postby Steve » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:14 pm

Just remeber my blessing counts for nothing, I'm just a punter as well as everybody else.

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby zapty » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:20 am

You may be a punter but being the godfather of coffee on TMC it just might count a little..
zapty

Postby GeorgeW » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:52 pm

zapty wrote:You may be a punter but being the godfather of coffee on TMC it just might count a little..

I may be overproud but I do find it a bit much having having to kiss the bugger's hand. :roll:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby zapty » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:13 pm

Me myself, I do not wait for his approval but others may wilt under his stern gaze..
zapty

Postby Steve » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:38 pm

That wasnt my hand :) Wow I've never been a godfarther before :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:48 pm

Do you have cotton wool in your mouth and an old violin case under your arm Steve? :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:01 am

CakeBoy wrote:Do you have cotton wool in your mouth and an old violin case under your arm Steve? :wink:

Didn't you notice the funny smell coming from the smoke of his roaster Mark? And that was just someone who asked him to dark roast some Kenyan :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby jameso » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:54 am

And what's a
godfarther
? ;)
jameso

PreviousNext

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping