Anyone for Yirgacheffe?

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby zapty » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am

A farting deity maybe? A new name for Steve, the farting roaster? Would save considerably on gass I presume..
Last edited by zapty on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
zapty

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:27 am

gouezeri wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:Do you have cotton wool in your mouth and an old violin case under your arm Steve? :wink:

Didn't you notice the funny smell coming from the smoke of his roaster Mark? And that was just someone who asked him to dark roast some Kenyan :wink:

I hadn't realised he was based in Royston Vasey. The "special" roast anyone ...... ? :shock: :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Joris » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:11 am

Any updates on the yirgacheffe ?
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby fred25 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:48 pm

Not at the mo'. Have to wait for the coffee to land, which should be about the end of the month...

Best things come to those who wait, I guess ;)
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby Joris » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:49 pm

OK, I'll try to be patient ;)

Doserless Mazzer Major
Joris

Postby Beanie » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:18 pm

fred25 wrote:As soon as there is another Dutchman...

Well, as I'm neither Dutch nor anatomically incorrect, I guess that counts me out :P
zapty wrote:Maybe Beanybabe will join us once she is back from her one woman show/tour in the UK

I'm back and you can trace where I've been - just follow the trail of devastation :P

Seriously, I just bought 2kg each of 7 varieties from HB on Saturday. It was sent on Monday and arrived yesterday (cause I couldn't fit all that in my suitcase AND still have room for my shoes, you know what I mean, right Doris? :P). I didn't order any Yirg this time around even though I've run out but really, there are just so many others to try :) I'm soooo excited with my new shipment, it's going to be very difficult to even look at my leftover greens for the next couple weeks :)

But thanks for thinkin of me anyway, zapty :D
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby fred25 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:45 pm

Bean_Believer wrote:
fred25 wrote:As soon as there is another Dutchman...

Well, as I'm neither Dutch nor anatomically incorrect, I guess that counts me out :P

Sorry I should have said Dutchperson I guess (though 'The flying Dutchperson doesn't have the same Ring ;) to it)....Apologies :)
fred25

Postby zapty » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:36 pm

What the.. Beanybabe, you are quite the little partypooper here, that is not like you. That little trip down to wet old England has not done you any good IMO.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Aadje » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:06 pm

Joris, what actually IS your new avatar?
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby Beanie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:54 pm

Heheh Fred... I'm not Dutch either :P

Awww zapty :cry: I've got a bit over 20kg of greens all together... really can't do with another 5 :( Not even with roasting 3-4 batches per week... which is almost this case this year!! :lol: even had to do an emergency last minute at 03:00 am batch this morning for the BF to take with him to London. He promised a colleague some home roast... and then forgot to tell me. It was funny to see the panic in his eyes tho :twisted:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Joris » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:07 am

Aadje wrote:Joris, what actually IS your new avatar?

My new machine... :)

@BeanyGirl... you *always* need more beans, you know it's true... no use trying to resist... you *need* that 15Kg of Yirgacheffe... ;)

Doserless Mazzer Major
Joris

Postby zapty » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:36 am

Why BeanyBabe, want to know how many kg's I've got in house? App 50 and more on the way... Drink up a little and roast up a storm.
I've been sending out smoke signals all over the place, people thought there was a native Canadian tribe setting up in Limburg but didn't know it was just one member off the coffee tribe all by his lonesome self.
You are letting us down you, you, overloper you!!!!!
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:58 am

zapty wrote:Why BeanyBabe, want to know how many kg's I've got in house? App 50 and more on the way... Drink up a little and roast up a storm.
I've been sending out smoke signals all over the place, people thought there was a native Canadian tribe setting up in Limburg but didn't know it was just one member off the coffee tribe all by his lonesome self.
You are letting us down you, you, overloper you!!!!!

:lol: You'll end up with more than Steve at this rate :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby zapty » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:09 am

Could very well be, had a few good deals I couldn't pass up, just received the last batch of 50 lb I bought in the U.S a while back....
zapty

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:35 am

Fair play to you. That is a big bag of beans! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping