Edit: Just recieved Malabar

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Edit: Just recieved Malabar

Postby Aadje » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:54 pm

Woohoo, I just ordered some roasted Malabar at Ongebrand.nl, can't wait till it gets here :D Feeling like a small kid just told he's gonna get a present . . .
Last edited by Aadje on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:39 pm

Aadje, when are ya gonna start takin up roastin some beans yerself?
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Aadje » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:48 pm

A few problems here too:

1. No money
2. Annoying housemates
3. IvdP is better at roasting then I am (I will probably scorch the hell out of em)

To answer your question Zapty: not yet . . .
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:56 pm

Well, when you are ready for it let me know and I'll send you the little loan roaster with some beans and you can try it out.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Aadje » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:04 pm

I think you're trying to talk me into Upgraderitis Severitus . . . ;)

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. Appreciate it :)

I'm trying to climb the ladder called coffee steadily. If I were to buy a Domobar and a roaster now, roasting my own Malabar, I wouldn't taste the max out of it. I want to do it step by step to get the most out of it.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:16 pm

Operating an old loan roaster should not be called upgraderitis but tryingoutsomethingIhavenevertriedbeforetoseeifIlikeitderitis.
The beans are free of charge by the way as is the roaster when and if you'd like to try it. Should suit your empty wallet fine..
But probably your housemates would prefer you picking up a hobby like home brewing suds...
zapty

Postby Aadje » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:49 pm

zapty wrote:tryingoutsomethingIhavenevertriedbeforetoseeifIlikeitderitis.

Nice one :)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Postby Aadje » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:07 pm

Woohoo! My coffee has arrived! After dinner I'm going to brew it. Can't wait! :D
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Postby zapty » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:17 pm

Drink smakelijk...
zapty

Postby Aadje » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:15 pm

Okay, here it goes:

What a difference with everything I tasted so far! As far as I can make out, IvdP didn't roast them at fullcity+, but lighter. This is the first cup that is damn tasty without sugar (I wanted to try without sugar first and then put some sugar in, but I failed: I dind't put the sugar in ;)).
It tastes better, it smells better, it makes me more happy :D in other words: it rules!

There's so much more to taste.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping